Config_Mgr_noob

SCCM 1610 - Windows 10 In-Place Upgrade Blue Screen w/Spinning Dots

Hello everyone,

Not sure if I'm posting this on the right forum so please let me know and I'll post at Windows 10 forum. I have been testing out the new Windows 10 In-place upgrade with specified drivers within the task sequence. I have been successful at upgrading my test machines from Windows 7 to 10. Recently, I decided to inject updates to the upgrade package to be able to apply updated Windows 10 to make the process much smoother. Now, after applying the task sequence and rebooting into the Operating System, I get a black screen with the cursor. After I do a force reboot, I am prompted with a blue background and the spinning white dots.

Not sure if this has to do with the updates I injected or something else? If so, is there a way to remove injected updates from the Upgrade Package? Has anyone come across this yet?

post-22069-0-69376400-1486744225.jpg

post-22069-0-00266700-1486744231.jpg

They were pretty much 1511 security updates and cumulative updates injected. The crazy part is, I injected the same updates to my Win10 image using the offline servicing. Not sure it if was during the process that it may have corrupted the In-place package?

On another note, after I was able to successfully do an In-place upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, I am being prompted for the Ctrl+Alt+Del sequence to login. I looked into the computers secpol and saw that the "Interactive logon: Do not require CTRL+ALT+DEL" is set to 'Not Defined'. Shouldn't this not require a user to press Ctrl+Alt+Del to login? We are trying to aim for all in-place upgrades to not be prompted to do Ctrl+Alt+Del.

Are these settings carrying over from Windows 7?