sbuck

Reusing the Same USB to Ethernet Adapter to PXE Surface Pro 4's

We're running into an issue where we cannot use the same USB to Ethernet Adapter to PXE boot multiple Surface Pros. SCCM version is 1610, and I have done the following steps:

To add hardware identifiers for Configuration Manager to ignore
  1. In the Configuration Manager console, go to Administration > Overview > Site Configuration > Sites.
  2. On the Home tab, in the Sites group, choose Hierarchy Settings.
  3. On the Client Approval and Conflicting Records tab, choose Add in the Duplicate hardware identifiers section to add new hardware identifiers.

I have added the MAC address and the SMBIOS GUID of the Adapter, restarted the SCCM server and it still doesn't work. I can find the associated MAC address in SCCM, delete the computer tied to it, and then I can re-image again, but that's sort of a pain.

I have also tried to edit the Registry by going here and excluding the MAC and still nothing.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\Components \SMS_DISCOVERY_DATA_MANAGER

ExcludeMACAddress

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry I didn't get back to you guys. I tested it this morning while running the SMSPXE.log and it worked. Weird, I had tried 4 or 5 other times and it kept failing.