Bob

USMT Capture State failure

I followed the forums 'How to use USMT in SCCM 2007'. I can't seem to make it work properly. I don't want to perform a side-by-side migration.

When I examine the smsts.log, the first errors I see are as follows:

'OSDStateStorePath' TS environment variable is empty.

Failed to construct USMT commandline (0x80004005)

I have setup a share om the server and pointed the State Migration Role to that share. I have tried using D:\CS folder for the point where SMP should store the migration package. The permissions and security are set properly on the folder.

I have tried both USMT 3.01 and USMT 4.0, I will be migrating from Win XP to Win 7, so I'm sure I will need 4.0. My SCCM 2007 has been updated with SCCM SP1 and 2 and R2.

The client receives the advertisement and starts the task. It downloads some files, ( I'm assuming its the USMT software). Then I get the message the task sequence service failed with error code 0x80004005.

My major question is why is OSDStateStorePath environment variable empty and how do I fix that problem?

This is my first attempt at using USMT so I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, I'm not sure where to look.

I found the problem. There were 2 problems.

1) I forgot to Get the Store Location in the Task

2) I had to uninstall KB974571 from the clients.

--Bob

I followed the forums 'How to use USMT in SCCM 2007'. I can't seem to make it work properly. I don't want to perform a side-by-side migration.

When I examine the smsts.log, the first errors I see are as follows:

'OSDStateStorePath' TS environment variable is empty.

Failed to construct USMT commandline (0x80004005)

I have setup a share om the server and pointed the State Migration Role to that share. I have tried using D:\CS folder for the point where SMP should store the migration package. The permissions and security are set properly on the folder.

I have tried both USMT 3.01 and USMT 4.0, I will be migrating from Win XP to Win 7, so I'm sure I will need 4.0. My SCCM 2007 has been updated with SCCM SP1 and 2 and R2.

The client receives the advertisement and starts the task. It downloads some files, ( I'm assuming its the USMT software). Then I get the message the task sequence service failed with error code 0x80004005.

My major question is why is OSDStateStorePath environment variable empty and how do I fix that problem?

This is my first attempt at using USMT so I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, I'm not sure where to look.