Stiffe

PXE and OS deployment

Question

Hello

I'm trying to setup a test enviroment and deploy Windows 7 with SCCM 2007 R2 with SP2.

My SCCM enviroment is running inside an ESXi 4 machine with SQL 2005, WSUS and server 2003 enterprise as operating system.

I've followed the guides here on the forum and managed to deploy different applications such as firefox and acrobat reader. I have three clients. One on my workstation where i run vmware workstation 7, one client inside my ESXi and one physical computer. When i configured the OS deployment, i followed the Vista deployment guides here on the forum and then the guide for windows 7 deployment.

Now to my problem:

When i'm trying to deploy Windows 7 (havn't tried with other OS) with PXE boot, it boots up in WinPE and it says "Windows setup is starting" then "Prepares networking devices" and the window disappears. It happens on all clients. I've googled alot and tried alot of solutions but it doesn't work.

I have:

Checked the troubleshooting guide here at the forums.

Tried this three solutions: http://www.myitforum.com/forums/m_177482/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#177482

Checked network drivers. It does get an IP so i assume it's not network card related.

Checked Permissons (added Everyone and put full control. Even added my "Sccm Admins" group and the SCCM computer with full rights")

Checked logs (attached)

Remade the packages

Restarted WDS service

Restarted the SCCM computer

Checked the Status of the site services and they are all green.

According to the logs, it cant reach or download from the sms share's. But in the command prompt i can map the share and browse it.

Think i've tried it all now with no hope left. You are my last hope and every suggestion is welcome.

smsts.log

the more i try the more it points to permission problems. but i can't understand why since i have set full control to Everyone.

Jamitupya: you said reset the ACL's. how do i do what? whats the default ACL permissions for both ntfs and share for each folder?

oops....sorry missed this one....

i suggest setting up your NAA (network access account) to have full rights to the drive/directory.

Right Click the Drive/Directory -> Properties

1.jpg

click advanced

2.jpg

click edit

3.jpg

setup the permissions you wish, the select Replace all existing, click apply, wait.

i only recommend this when used with folders.... with drives can cause issues with other applications etc.

Finally i got it working, thank you so much!

But it only works in a virtual machine inside esxi. not inside vmware workstation on my regular computer. have to figure out why.

In the smsts log i get an client identity error. i'll post the whole log here

seems like i forgot to press "attach this file" button...

first i tried site repair wizard from the cd. i selected all three checkmarks there. after that i ran it again and only choosed acl reset option.

next i went to configmgr -> certificates and reinstalled the pxe certificate. after that i tried jamitupya's tip and it worked on the virtual machine inside esxi.

the log attached in this post is from my vmware workstation.

smsts.log