SMSNewb

Software Product Queries showing multiple versions

Hello all,

I'm running some queries to find all devices that have a particular software product on them, and I'm getting some odd results.

The issue that I am having is that when I run the query, I'm getting multiple product versions reported back.

We have gone through several versions of the this software as it is updated pretty regularly, and all versions are reporting back in the query instead of just one, or the one that is actually installed.

Only one version is shown in Add/Remove programs on the device as I would expect.

Example:

The device started with Program v1.1. Then Program v1.2 came out and we upgraded to it. Then Program v1.3 came out and we upgraded.

When I run the query, it comes out showing all 3 versions, when I would expect it to show just 1. Ex:

Computer1 Program v1.1

Computer1 Program v1.2

Computer1 Program v1.3

Could this be the result of stale data from previous software inventories? If so, what is the best method to clean that out?

The computer only has 1 version installed, so stale data is the only thing I can think of that would cause this.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Without your exact queries, no one can truly answer this question.

Could this be the result of stale data from previous software inventories? Yes it could be.

If so, what is the best method to clean that out? Force a full HW inventory.

This is the query I'm running

select SMS_R_System.ResourceId, SMS_R_System.ResourceType, SMS_R_System.Name, SMS_R_System.SMSUniqueIdentifier, SMS_R_System.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup, SMS_R_System.Client, SMS_G_System_SoftwareProduct.ProductName, SMS_G_System_SoftwareProduct.ProductVersion from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_SoftwareProduct on SMS_G_System_SoftwareProduct.ResourceId = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_SoftwareProduct.ProductName like "Imprivata Agent"

Pretty basic query, and I'm pulling more information than I actually need.

Looking at it further, it appears that 98% of the output is only showing two versions. Everyone device has one version across the board, and the second version is what is in add/remove programs. Only a small subset have 3 versions...I should have looked at a larger sample before posting.

Still odd, as I would only expect to see the version in add/remove programs listed, and I haven't been able to find any reference to the other version anywhere on the machine.

SMS_G_System_SoftwareProduct is not ARP data. If I remember right that is AI data... So... Try using ARP data instead (Installed Applications)

I'm completely new to working with queries, so I'm not sure I fully get what you're saying here.

I'll poke around in the queries criteria tab and see what I can work out.