yoyojammer

Windows 10 'windows could not complete the installation'

Hi,

I am running SCCM 2016 (1606) deploying Windows 10 to over 20 sites with no problem yet one site I get the following message after the 'Setup Windows and Configmgr' step on any model built:

'windows could not complete the installation. to install windows on this computer restart the installation'

When exploring google for the error everything points to my password policy on the network causing the issue, however in my own troubleshooting I have disabled any step where the computer joins the domain to get policy yet still i get this error. I can't troubleshoot using the SHIFT + F10 theory as this is not available for me and does not work.

As this is happening in only one location I cannot pinpoint the issue or have a structured approach to try next as the TS and Image is fine elsewhere.

Anyone had this issue before? could it be a corrupt .wim file? I have hash checked it all ok but running out of ideas now?

Thanks in advance for any help!

It's Fixed!....

Things to note, if your using a multi language lookup file for your unattend.xml make sure you check your input locales!!

We moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and the locales have changed since Windows 8.

Example....

ca-US is now en-CA

I changed these to the supported new standards and it's now working.