madmattwall

deploying Win ent, problem in task sequence not joining domain

Question

hi all,

we are having a problem with our win7 ent not joining the domain as set in the task sequence, the domain account is OK and tested manually so no permission problems, the deployment does not fail at any point i.e showing any errors but does not join the domain.

i have attached a screen shot of the sequence order.

any ideas ???

cheers

Matt

post-4361-12609522744478_thumb.png

8 answers to this question

Just a thought, could your domain policy be prohibiting it to join due to certain restrictions?

Perhaps the local administrator password does not meet domain policy requirements, and that would stop the machine from joining the domain?

Did you check to see if the OU you selected is there and that your account has permissions for that specific OU?

Just a thought, could your domain policy be prohibiting it to join due to certain restrictions?

Perhaps the local administrator password does not meet domain policy requirements, and that would stop the machine from joining the domain?

Did you check to see if the OU you selected is there and that your account has permissions for that specific OU?

Yeah the password for the local administrator account does meet the requirements, and the domain account we are using for the domain joining also does. Worth a thought though thanks.

We are using the domain admin account at present to eliminate a permissions issue.

for some reason we dont seem to have the netsetup.log file on the client ? all files and folders are on show etc

verify manually by opening an administrator command prompt and doing a DIR in that folder

verify manually by opening an administrator command prompt and doing a DIR in that folder

i have manually checked the directory and the file does not exist, since before i have decided to retrace my steps and start a new windows 7 enterprise capture to make sure i have not missed anything out(knowing me i probably have lol) and will then try to deploy this, fingers crossed this work for me.

ill let you know ASAP. thanks for your help.