msprague

SCCM WSUS Database Issue?

Hello all,

I'm trying to narrow down what I'm looking at in a SoftwareDistribution.log on a Configuration Manager Primary Site server.  The server itself appears to be fine, no wild errors in any of the logs, almost all green check marks in Site Status and Component Status.  It sounds like some of the clients are receiving some of the updates while some aren't.  Configuration Manager is telling us the deployments were successful.  Can anyone give me an idea of what I'm looking at here?  These are a couple of the lines, of the many repeating lines, from the log file:

2017-03-09 12:08:25.067 UTC    Warning    WsusService.8    DBConnection.OnReceivingInfoMessage     The join order has been enforced because a local join hint is used.

2017-03-09 09:47:41.862 UTC    Warning    w3wp.31    SoapUtilities.CreateException    ThrowException: actor = http://server.domain.com:8530/ClientWebService/client.asmx, ID=ead84792-e01b-4ab3-8283-4bea6c3af850, ErrorCode=ServerChanged, Message=Server rolled back since last call to GetCookie, Client=4abf16d7-5ca7-4cd6-9bce-f60d822738fa

I'm leaning towards removing the SUP role and WSUS and reinstalling.  Any thoughts would be super helpful. Need more info than what I've provided, I'll post more detail.

Thanks!

Hi,
Not sure if you managed to get past this but I've seen these same issues also in the past
Firstly have you ran a WSUS Cleanup as of late on the  SUP Servers?
If not that maybe the first thing to run as I find that these errors normally relate to stale or non contactable machines. These can gather if you haven't ran it for a long time

Also cross reference the "ID=ead84792-e01b-4ab3-8283-4bea6c3af850" and check either via PowerShell etc Get-WSUSComputer | Where-Object {$_.Id -eq "ID=ead84792-e01b-4ab3-8283-4bea6c3af850"} and see if this returns anything back. It may report back no machine or may report one somewhere within the discovered computers within WSUS

Any machines that normally are discovered by this ID are normally the ones which have issues from obtaining any updates from the SUP, in this case if no machines come up then the machine may not exist anymore within the WSUS but some data could be linked to an SCCM client that may or may not exist. 

In theory removing the SUP role as well as WSUS would work as you can remove the WSUS part with a new DB and still get the same issue so its tied between the SCCM Client and SUP client syncs. But overall maintenance may help with this.

Also check the IIS logs for the WSUS website and check to see that there are a list of machines which can connect to the WSUS url.
Thanks