anyweb

How can I forcefully upgrade Windows 7 or Windows 10 to the latest version of Windows 10 using System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch)?

What all steps would need to be modified if having this pushed to a Windows 7 for upgrade to Windows 10? I thought it was be just a couple of options as to what platforms to run on but haven't had it appear on my Win 7 test machine.

At this time the Deployment status shows "In Progress" with Description of "Program received."

I have not seen it appear in the  Software Center either with "Allow users to run the program independently of assignments" chosen in the earlier step.

Thanks!!

Edited by Nate2003
additional info

On 7/21/2017 at 2:52 PM, simulacra75 said:

Hope this isn't a stupid question but i was wondering if both the Windows Setup Compatibility Scan and the actual upgrade (assuming the compatibility scan was successful) could be incorporated into the same TS? Is this even possible? Anyone tried to get it to work?

yes it works just fine :)

Thanks a lot for sharing this. Amazing job.
Would it be difficult to set the task to defer the upgrade process a few hours after the click on the Upgrade button?

i.e. Users will click on the 'Upgrade tonight' button and the process will resume after they've left the office for the day

Thanks

Hi

I was just about to create a similar script and found this, great work. Just tested and fond that i needed to remove the "" on the boolean on the reboot check: If objSysInfo.RebootRequired = "False" then  and on the ac check: If objItem.Discharging = "False" then

I was just about to create a similar script and found this, great work. 

thanks,

also, I just checked the script, seems fine, those commands you mention are simply to help 'test' or 'debug' the script they don't change the functionality, look again at it.. so was it indeed this or something else you are referring to ?

debug.png

cheers

niall

On 17/10/2017 at 8:44 PM, anyweb said:

you'd just have to add a delay function on the associated button, either in the wrapper or the HTA itself

Hi,
I've tried to add the timer to the HTA file for the 'Upgrade now' button but it failed. Could you please advise?

Sub run_vbscript_button
        Dim oShell, scriptPath, appCmd
        Set oShell  = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
        UpgradeLog.WriteLine TimeStamp & " " & "Upgrade tonight,New Sub running"
            'window.resizeTo 500,450    
            call ResizeWindow(425,335,500,535)
                Window.moveTo100,100
            ' check if timer value exists 
            str = ReadReg ("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\windows-noob\Timer")
                If str = "NotFound"then
                    'msgbox "timer value was not found, setting default value"
                    UpgradeLog.WriteLine TimeStamp & " " & "Timer value not found in registry, setting to default value"
                    pbWaitTime        = 120    ' How many seconds the progress bar lasts (2 mins)
                else
                    'msgbox "Found timer value: " & str
                    UpgradeLog.WriteLine TimeStamp & " " & "Timer value found in registry, converting it to seconds"
                    ' convert it to seconds
                    pbWaitTime = HMStoSec(str) ' How many seconds the progress bar lasts
                    UpgradeLog.WriteLine TimeStamp & " " & "Timer value = " & str
                EndIf
            
                ' Progress Bar Settings 2 mins below
                pbHeight        = 10        ' Progress bar height
                pbWidth            = 380        ' Progress bar width
                pbUnloadedColor    ="white"    ' Color of unloaded area
                pbLoadedColor    ="black"    ' Color of loaded area
                pbBorder        ="grey"        ' Color of Progress bar border
                
                ' Don't edit these things
                pbStartTime = Now
                rProgressbar
                pbTimerID = window.setInterval("rProgressbar", 200)
                ifDateDiff("s",pbStartTime,Now) >= pbWaitTimethen
                UpgradeLog.WriteLine TimeStamp & " " & "The timer has reached 00:00:00 FORCED, passing error code 0 to the Task sequence"
                UpgradeLog.WriteLine TimeStamp & " " & "Either the user accepted the files saving to the H drive check box and clicked Upgrade Now, or the popup ran out of time, see previous line in this log to find out. Starting Task sequence"
                call WriteRegistry("HKCU\Software\windows-noob\UpgradeComputer","Upgrade_Forced")
                call ExitHTA()
                endif

Edited by semoca