anyweb

How can I forcefully upgrade Windows 7 or Windows 10 to the latest version of Windows 10 using System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch)?

14 hours ago, anyweb said:

I was just about to create a similar script and found this, great work. 

thanks,

also, I just checked the script, seems fine, those commands you mention are simply to help 'test' or 'debug' the script they don't change the functionality, look again at it.. so was it indeed this or something else you are referring to ?

debug.png

cheers

niall

Hi

Sorry i may have been unclear. I have outlined with red where i needed to remove the quotes. Example a computer testing With: msgbox "Reboot required? " & objSysInfo.RebootRequired i get the output false (computer does not have a pending reboot). On the next line using If objSysInfo.RebootRequired = "False"  if fails to eq "False" to False. The result is a reboot on a computer tha does not have pending reboot.

The same goes for the "False" in the line  If objItem.Discharging = "False" then

false.png

please download the scripts again, i can see you are using an older version, and the version i have has improvements/corrections and does not have that issue

Good morning!

So I´m curious about the check for model support.. I´m trying to run the deployment on a HP Elitebook 9470 but failed with message saying its not a supported model.. However, I can´t seem to find this model being listed in the wrapper.vbs

am I missing something? 

you just need to add the model to the model supported check, or rem out that group entirely and move it to the task sequence, it's up to you

hi,

I can't share it sorry, but I can give you an idea of what it contains, via these pointers *below*, you'll have to go and create one yourself for your Company

cheers

Niall <-

• Known software Incompatibilities
  • Hardware requirements
  • Preparation
  • Required upgrade to the latest Windows 10 version 1709
  • What to do when the upgrade is completed
  • Windows 10 features
  • Incidents and issues

Another question about the upgrade.hta file. Just modifying the text in the file to meet out needs. When executing the HTA file it loads and I have the option to select the checkbox and upgrade now or defer, if I click defer the registry entries are created which is good, but when I load the file again after making some additional adjustments the number of deferals is still listed as 5, it does not appear to be declining. Any thoughts on where to look or why this might be occurring. I can post the HTA file if needed. 

when testing the HTA I copy the package to a virtual machine desktop, then cd to that folder, then start powershell, then start the powershell script from the powershell prompt, that should kick off the wrapper and launch the HTA,  you can then close the hta or defer and the values should be updated in the registry, try multiple times and each time it's launched the value should decrease by 1