anyweb

How can I forcefully upgrade Windows 7 or Windows 10 to the latest version of Windows 10 using System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch)?

Nope I just downloaded the script you have attached to this post, unzipped it and copied the file to my lab machine. The file date on the scrip is 2017-03-22

If I make the following change then it works:

- if ($CollectionName -eq $Collection_1 -or $CollectionName -eq $Collection_2 -or $CollectionName -eq $Collection_3)

+  if ($CollectionName -eq $Collection_1 -or $CollectionName -eq $Collection_2 -or $CollectionName -eq $Collection_3 -or $CollectionName -eq $Collection_8)

The other question I have is about the collection for SUM Windows 10 Other, why there there a query of: select *  from  SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.AgentName = 'Manual Machine Entry' trying to figure out its purpose as I also see that query in OSD Build and OSD Limiting.

And maybe I am not understanding but what is the actual purpose of the SUM Collections?

i'll look at the script tomorrow if i get time and provide feedback, it's a while since i wrote it, and... I recently added that script after making some changes to the wrapper, so i may have uploaded the wrong script, but basically the SUM collections are Software Update Management,

Thanks. Much appreciated. 

So I'm not sure I understand the purpose of the SUM Collections? Where would they by used in terms of Windows 10? Is this more for servicing?

One other item in the script I noticed, Line 277 says # add some exclude rules (exclude LTSB from all SUM collections except SUM Windows 10 LTSB), yet the code has SUM Windows 10 Other being excluded from the collections not LTSB. Not sure which is supposed to be correct. But this is probably mute anyways until I get a better understanding of what SUM is used for

ok, apologies for the delay my lab died and i had to re-import all my vm's but it's running again now and i tested the script, you got the buggy one (sorry), i've re-attached the working one, please try it out and let me know if there's any problems or questions, i've tested it in a CM environment with no extra collections added and it worked just fine as you can see below,

image.png

give it a try !

image.pngcheers

niall

Thanks, I will take a look here shortly and see. With regards to the SUM collections are they more in reference to Windows Servicing, or are you using them in relation to Windows Update deployments?

One other issue I came across today in testing is with the WindowsResize for the HTA. I had to adjust the original window size to:

Before Progress Bar: 425,335,500,545

After Progress Bar: 425,335,500,595

And it loads fine for anyone with a DPI setting of 96. But we came across a few systems with DPI greater than 120, this one was 144. And the box actually shrunk in size and does not show any of the buttons though they are their just not visible in the box. Any thoughts on this one? 

as regards the SUM collections they are just sample collections that you can use for Windows servicing or Software Update Deployment, you decide

in relation to the DPI settings, you may need to adjust/change the values to suit the hardware that you have, I don't have access to every device so what I tested works for me on most devices, feel free to post your solution for those DPI's here for others and mention the hardware you tested it on

thanks for trying it out and sticking with it !

cheers

niall

I really appreciate all the work you've put into this process--it worked perfectly in my testing environment.

However, when I deployed it to machines with different resolutions and scaling levels, the popup gets completely hosed.

This is at 1600x900, with Windows scaling at 150%:

5a04d24280fa0_creatorsupgradeerror.PNG.06a792e684ef44b59c9f5ba20555f49d.PNG

Notice that the "Upgrade now" and "Defer" boxes are unable to be checked, since they're outside the dialog box's edges. And it's even worse on 1920x1080 with 150% scaling, though I don't have a screenshot.

This has successfully run on my test machines and one user's machine, so the process is fine--it's just the box that needs fixing.

The only places I've modified the .hta are the parts with display text. I see the .hta has handling for different resolutions and DPI, but for whatever reason it's bombing when scaling gets involved. Is there anything you'd recommend to try?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Andy 

Edited by kreienkaa

i see the scaling is crazy in that screenshot, and i bet if you log off and log back on again it will look better, but alternatively you can adjust the dpi settings in the wrapper to fix this, if you want i can remote in via teamviewer and help you with this, just pm me your details