anyweb

How can I forcefully upgrade Windows 7 or Windows 10 to the latest version of Windows 10 using System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch)?

In the .HTA file I changed the following line:

If DPI > 120 then
        DESIGN_DPI = 160        'dots per inch
        'DESIGN_WIDTH  = 450    'pixels
        'DESIGN_HEIGHT = 365    'pixels
        DESIGN_WIDTH  = dw        'pixels
        DESIGN_HEIGHT = dh        'pixels
to

If DPI > 120 then
        DESIGN_DPI = 96      'dots per inch <<---
        'DESIGN_WIDTH  = 450    'pixels
        'DESIGN_HEIGHT = 365    'pixels
        DESIGN_WIDTH  = dw        'pixels
        DESIGN_HEIGHT = dh        'pixels

This seems to have solved my scaling problems. You still need to adjust the Window size from above, reference: Call ReSizeWindow (425,335,500,535) in the code above the ReSizeWindow function. When the DPI is <120 the formula uses the design width and height 500,535 respectively. However when the DPI is >120 it will use the numbers 425,335 and then factor accordingly. To get mine to work I had to reduce those numbers somewhat but it now almost displaces the same as on a system with DPI set to 96.

• Thanks 2

On 12/14/2017 at 4:25 PM, PHGustavsson said:

I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for this!

I really think that something like this should be included as standard in ConfigMgr.

Snyggt värre, tack! :)

/P-H

thanks ! I appreciate the feedback and would be interested in seeing what you do with it  :-)

Hi,

First of all: Great post! is so helpfull! 

It's working like a charm but i have some issue when checks for pending reboot, i reviewed that the computers doesn't have any pending reboot using this powershell:

Invoke-WmiMethod -Namespace "ROOT\ccm\ClientSDK" -Class CCM_ClientUtilities -Name DetermineIfRebootPending

i reviewed wrapper file and i have some doubts about Set objSysInfo = CreateObject("Microsoft.Update.SystemInfo"), what else can i review?

thanks!

First of all: Great post! is so helpfull!  

thanks !

It's working like a charm but i have some issue when checks for pending reboot, 

can you expand on this, do you mean that it is not detecting pending reboots for you or ?

Hi,

I'm doing some tests and i found this scenario:

• Deployed the TS to some devices as available (not required only for testing pourpose).
  • This devices also have assigned some security patches (for current build not for the upraded one).
  • Device installs first the security updates and asks for a reboot.
  • We run the TS: it detects that are a reboot pending and a pop up appears asking for reboot (as expected).
  • Finally I rebooted the devices, I used the powershell to verify if the device is marked with reboot pending and run again the TS: The same message from wrapper.vbs asking for reboot is appearing and i don't now why.

So, the question is: how the wrapper.vbs verify that the computer have a reboot pending and why it's not working for me?

thank you!

it states reboot pending based on the results of this check, so you probably do indeed need another reboot.

Set objSysInfo = CreateObject("Microsoft.Update.SystemInfo")

'msgbox "Reboot required? " & objSysInfo.RebootRequired

If objSysInfo.RebootRequired = "False" then
							'	msgbox "The computer did not need a reboot"