anyweb

How can I forcefully upgrade Windows 7 or Windows 10 to the latest version of Windows 10 using System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch)?

9 hours ago, anyweb said:

the user must login, and no the wrapper won't run again, the ts should start after the user logs in, please test, verify and report any issues

Thanks will do. I do however see an issue with the logic as it stands right now based you your response. You do the pending reboot check before you check VPN connection, disk space, battery power or hardware support. If the computer has a pending reboot you are telling the system to Exit0 and reboot which in theory should kick off the task sequence however if the system is not compatible or not enough disk space or not on AC power none of those items would be checked.

Better logic would be:

- Hardware Support
- Power
- Disk space
- VPN
- Pending Reboot

Thoughts?

good thoughts, i'll look at it and possibly reorder things, thanks for the comments

check for power, vpn and disk space will endlessly prompt the end user until resolved, so that leaves hardware support, but i'll look at it again

The latest files from 2/2/18 have an issue with PCs with no battery. The Windows10RequiredUgradeWrapper.log is stuck in infinite loop of "Computer does not have a battery".

image.png

Edited by Batman
I redownloaded the scripts and fix worked. Thanks

2 hours ago, webguy said:

Thanks will do. I do however see an issue with the logic as it stands right now based you your response. You do the pending reboot check before you check VPN connection, disk space, battery power or hardware support. If the computer has a pending reboot you are telling the system to Exit0 and reboot which in theory should kick off the task sequence however if the system is not compatible or not enough disk space or not on AC power none of those items would be checked.

Better logic would be:

- Hardware Support
- Power
- Disk space
- VPN
- Pending Reboot

Thoughts?

i've changed the code order so it performs the checks like this, i'll upload the updated code shortly

image.png

34 minutes ago, Batman said:

The latest files from 2/2/18 have an issue with PCs with no battery. The Windows10RequiredUgradeWrapper.log is stuck in infinite loop of "Computer does not have a battery".

image.png

ok bug found and fixed, please re-download the scripts, retest and let me know is it ok for you

3 hours ago, anyweb said:

i've changed the code order so it performs the checks like this, i'll upload the updated code shortly

image.png

Thanks. I'll test it out here shortly on a device that I have tricked into thinking it needs to be rebooted. Curious I see that for the pending reboot you returned it to Exit99 I thought you said for the task sequence to kick off after the reboot it would have to be Exit0. Either way I will test and adjust.

I will suggest for sanity of the end user to do the hardware check before disk space, vpn, etc. no sense having them clean up disk space, connect power or disconnect from VPN if they are then going to be told their hardware is not compatible with the upgrade. Just a thought. 

/Paul

Curious I see that for the pending reboot you returned it to Exit99 I thought you said for the task sequence to kick off after the reboot it would have to be Exit0. Either way I will test and adjust. 

yes, i tested it some more and decided it's the best option for now, however i have some ideas to improve upon it going forward, and if i get time i'll script the, but for now this will have to do

I will suggest for sanity of the end user to do the hardware check before disk space, vpn, etc. no sense having them clean up disk space, connect power or disconnect from VPN if they are then going to be told their hardware is not compatible with the upgrade. Just a thought.  

good point,  i've modified it again so that the check if model supported is the first check, i've uploaded the modified scripts

thanks.