anyweb

How can I forcefully upgrade Windows 7 or Windows 10 to the latest version of Windows 10 using System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch)?

I see, i can't add MDT on my server because it's not the primary SCCM server add i don't have sufficient access to do this on my server. I manage only my DP server 😕

Nevermind, i'll disable this step. I'll use other kind of report :)
Anyway, thanks you to allowed time for answer me !

First of all, many thanks for this excellent solution and making it available to the community.

Microsoft should learn from this and design and out-of-box solution for Windows 10 In-place upgrade similar to this.  

Having said that, I'm having some issues, one with the %date% same as "tasmo".  The other issue is, the task sequence is always starting after 4 hrs delay.  As well no progress bar shows up once i click the "Upgrade now" button

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

First of all, many thanks for this excellent solution and making it available to the community.

thanks I appreciate it !

as regards the %date% issue, can you tell me if you are you using MDT integrated with ConfigMgr or not ? as regards the progress bar not showing up, you probably need to modify the pixel settings  as described in the blogpost, i'll include that info again here for you

Tip: If you have rendering issues with the popup on different devices then edit the call ResizeWindow(425,335,500,375) values and ResizeWindow Function  to fit your specific needs, I don't have access to too much hardware to test this on. The popup is fixed, if you want the user to be able to move it change the line caption="no" to caption="yes". If you want to programmatically use it then add a Window.moveTo(x, y) line.   

16 hours ago, anyweb said:

thanks I appreciate it !

as regards the %date% issue, can you tell me if you are you using MDT integrated with ConfigMgr or not ? as regards the progress bar not showing up, you probably need to modify the pixel settings  as described in the blogpost, i'll include that info again here for you

Tip: If you have rendering issues with the popup on different devices then edit the call ResizeWindow(425,335,500,375) values and ResizeWindow Function  to fit your specific needs, I don't have access to too much hardware to test this on. The popup is fixed, if you want the user to be able to move it change the line caption="no" to caption="yes". If you want to programmatically use it then add a Window.moveTo(x, y) line.   

Thanks for the quick reply.

I had already played around with the ResizeWindow values and wasn't having much success.  As well my task sequence is an MDT integrated one so the %date% value not getting populated is a mystery.  Regardless, not a big deal since I have other methods.

The most important issues right now are the 4hr delay plus the progress bar not showing.  All the machines wait for 4 hrs as soon as I click "Upgrade now" and progress bar never shows up.

First thanks for all your work on this, I like the process and the amount of control it gives us over the upgrade.  I implemented everything a month ago when I was running SCCM 1607 and after I upgraded to 1709 I'm experiencing an extra prompt before the HTA. See below.  If the user closes this the HTA is never displayed, circumventing the deferrals.    I see someone had this problem before you mentioned changing client settings. (See Page 5)   What settings were changed to stop this prompt?     

I have this advertised as required, and this prompt is pops-up automatically, i'm not invoking it from the software center.  Alos I do not have any custom user notifications set on the TS. 

Thanks!

Mark

1089071291_SCCMmessage.jpg.b191d58a517990dce5babdfa98018d86.jpg

yes of course just edit the wrapper.vbs, i completely forgot to update the scripts as i've rewritten the wrapper in PowerShell, i'll try and update it later this weekend

On 9/21/2018 at 3:58 PM, MarkH1381 said:

First thanks for all your work on this, I like the process and the amount of control it gives us over the upgrade.  I implemented everything a month ago when I was running SCCM 1607 and after I upgraded to 1709 I'm experiencing an extra prompt before the HTA. See below.  If the user closes this the HTA is never displayed, circumventing the deferrals.    I see someone had this problem before you mentioned changing client settings. (See Page 5)   What settings were changed to stop this prompt?     

I have this advertised as required, and this prompt is pops-up automatically, i'm not invoking it from the software center.  Alos I do not have any custom user notifications set on the TS. 

Thanks!

Mark

1089071291_SCCMmessage.jpg.b191d58a517990dce5babdfa98018d86.jpg

To anyone else having this issue I found a workaround.  Instead of calling the Task Sequence directly, I created a another program which calls the upgrade TS without the warning prompts.  See https://ccmexec.com/2017/09/launching-a-task-sequence-using-an-application-link-in-configmgr-1706/ and https://powersheller.wordpress.com/2012/05/24/sccm-2012-execute-task-sequence-with-powershell/ for the PowerShell script.