anyweb

How can I forcefully upgrade Windows 7 or Windows 10 to the latest version of Windows 10 using System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch)?

hmm i wish you'd use the edit i did above as that would confirm if it works on French Windows,

what happens when you try with the code i added above ?. can i see what it outputs ?

i didn`t try it with the If and -or but when i tried it with the french spelling only, the log wrote something like  "did not find windows 10, continuing."  and then obviously didn`t do the upgrade.

I just checked the PC that i ended up upgrading last friday.  Is it normal that we have to answer a bunch of questions when we first logon ?  Is there a way to remove it ?  Questions like, do you want to use Cortana, do you want to activate localization, do you want to use speach to text.  This is OK for users but not OK for lab computers.

if you get a chance to try my edit i'd be grateful,

as regards the OOBE, you shouldn't have to answer questions at first login, those can be customized using an unattend.xml file

tried again with -->   if (($OperatingSystem -eq "Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise") -or ($OperatingSystem -eq "Microsoft Windows 10 Entreprise"))

Result in the log file is --> This is not an approved operating system for the Windows 10 Ugprade, exiting with code 99, detected: 'Microsoft Windows 10 Entreprise'

So even though the spelling is exactly the same, it still fails.  It`s OK….Checking for version number only is fine for me.  Computers understand numbers better anyway :-)

they do but you still need to know if it's win7 or win10....

if you get time over teamviewer later i'd like to spend ten minutes with this to have a look

[SOLVED] Applocker blocked wrapper.ps1 :) - Checking the Windows10RequiredUpgradeStart-Upgrade.log and i saw that the powershell scripts are copied to local appdata. Then i checked the applocker event and bingo the script were blocked. 

Hi Niall, thank you for your guides.

I need to Upgrade from 1803 to 1903 because of performance problems with spectre v2.

My first and second try to get your soulution to run are without success.  :(
When i start the upgrade process via software center the hta pops up. But before i do any actions on the hta the task sequence  starts and go step by step through the TS. 

I checked each step you described in your guide but i can't finde the error.

I'm still using thte ConfigMgr 1902 with first Hotfix Rollup.

Thank you in advance

Edited by andi82