anyweb

How can I forcefully upgrade Windows 7 or Windows 10 to the latest version of Windows 10 using System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch)?

I haven't tested constrained language mode with this, but according to this blog post paragraph, you can do as follows

Since Constrained Language is so limited, you will find that many of the approved scripts that you use for advanced systems management no longer work. The solution to this is simple: add these scripts (or more effectively: your code signing authority that signed them) to your Device Guard policy. This will allow your approved scripts to run in Full Language mode.

let me know how you get on

On 6/6/2018 at 6:04 PM, tasmo said:

I see, i can't add MDT on my server because it's not the primary SCCM server add i don't have sufficient access to do this on my server. I manage only my DP server 😕

Nevermind, i'll disable this step. I'll use other kind of report :)
Anyway, thanks you to allowed time for answer me !

returning to this, @tasmo  I found the cause, you need to add cmd.exe /c in front of the reg add command when using the %date% or %time% variables in the task sequence

Hi,

We used this TS with some VMs and they worked fine but now we have some issues using it through CMG. When we start the TS it keeps waiting for dependencies. 

I double checked that all references (included the wrapper) are correctly uploaded to CMG. Also, we used the CMG for other deployments without any issues.

It's weird, since we remove the wrapper as "run another program first" the TS run correctly. Are there any issue related with the CMG and this kind of task sequences?

We are using CMG for intranet (VPN) clients ,I mean, we assigned the CMG as cloud DP on the VPN boundary group.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Interesting, I haven't tested it yet with a CMG scenario, but now that you've mentioned it I guess I should :) so i'll try and replicate this in my lab and see what happens, time willing, i'll report back after that

cheers

niall

Hi Nail,

2 things that I've tested in my lab and the CMG:

• No matter what package I use "to run before", the deployment get stuck trying to download the package as dependency. If I remove the package, in this case the wrapper, the TS starts as expected.
    • As a temporally workaround, I've created a single deployment with a deadline in 2030 to download the content of the wrapper and then I've deployed the TS without it and it works (so weird, isn't it?)

• Once the TS reboot the computer the connection with the CMG is lost as well so, every step after waits to a timeout and finally the TS fail.

Regards

Hi again,

I have a response from Microsoft, it seems a package assigned to "run another program first" is not supported by CMG... :( 

The 'Run another program first' option set in the Task Sequence properties uses SMB (UNC path) similar to the Run from Net option on the task sequence deployment. Unfortunately, this makes it impossible to implement the same functionality with CMG.

I will use the workaround by deploying the wrapper with a deadline in 2030 to download the content previosly and also still use this program to run before, so when the TS needs the content it will be already downloaded.

Regards