pembertj

SCCM Database Move (SCCM 1702 prep)

SCCM database question.  We are moving our sccm database (its on a remote server I KNOW...  I inherited the setup) from SQL 2008 R2 to SQL 2014 in preparation for upgrading to SCCM 1702.   I see four accounts created by SCCM during install -  SMSDBUSER_READONLY, SMSDBUSER_READWRITE, SMSDBUSER_REPORTSCHEMA, and CONFIGMGR_DVIEWACCESS.  He wants to transfer these accounts over but no where can I find documented passwords for these accounts.  Any solutions besides resetting passwords?  

Was currently using this guide unless someone has a better suggestion: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/configurationmgr/2013/04/02/how-to-move-the-configmgr-2012-site-database-to-a-new-sql-server/

21 minutes ago, GarthMJ said:

Do anyone of those account have logins?

CONFIGMGR_DVIEWACCESS does - only info I could find about it here
ConfigMgr_DViewAccess

This group is a local security group created on the site database server or database replica server by System Center 2012 Configuration Manager and is not currently used. This group is reserved for future use by Configuration Manager.

All other accounts are set to "without login" in SQL

For those interested - Jason Sandys replied on another forum:

CONFIGMGR_DVIEWACCESS

That's a local security group, not an account.

SMSDBUSER_READONLY, SMSDBUSER_READWRITE, SMSDBUSER_REPORTSCHEMA

These are SQL Server accounts and part of the database -- they are not actual user accounts. You don't have to do anything with them as they are part of the DB and will be moved with the DB itself.