sbuck

Deploy Adobe Creative Cloud

Question

We have an ETLA licensing agreement with Adobe to install all of the Creative Cloud products.  I'm looking for some help with this, or better practices.  I currently am able to individually deploy each CC Application to a computer with SCCM, however, when one of the labs needs the whole package, that's when things seem to not work.  I keep running into a cache size issue and it fails because the cache size isn't big enough.  Yes, I've increased the cache size and emptied it out, but have others came across this problem?  For installing each application/program, I'm just using this type of command: "msiexec /i "Photoshp.msi" /q  and the detection is based off the msi product code.  I have tested each one and they all work fine.  Is SCCM the way to go with Adobe CC?  How else can I fix the cache problem?  Thanks for your time.

2 answers to this question

My Adobe CC bundle is 19 GB. I haven't had issues with cache size for it, but I do deploy an AutoCAD suite that is 30 GB+ in size that I have worried about. For it, I point 'Content location' to a separate folder in my source folder (contains just a .txt file with the name of the software) and 'Installation program' I have the full server path to a batch file that starts the installation. Then the installation only downloads an empty folder in to ccmcache and runs the installation over the network.

I don't have that many computers installing it, especially not all at the same time, so that method has worked out for me in specific cases.

Hi sbuck,

At our school, we use Creative Cloud Packager to create msi deployment package without Creative Cloud Desktop App. The main reason is that our students do not need to login the CC App to use the program. I am not too sure about your case, but after creating the package, I have never had any problems to push the program with SCCM.

What I will do, is about to check the original package again if you also use CC Packager, and then try to run locally as a test on one of the machine and see how it goes. The behaviour on the test machine would be almost the same when you push it through your network via SCCM.

Hoping it helps, Cheers