spyder

Unable to apply 1702 hotfix KB4018732

We we're early adopters of 1702, and when the hotfix (KB4018732) arrived I wanted to apply it. I started to download it, but when I checked back later it still says Available to download and every option is greyed out. See screenshot in link below.

http://i.imgur.com/FJkc5Iy.png

Is there an easy fix for this? SMS_EXECUTIVE is restarted (as well as the whole site server).

Cheers,
Pär

On 2017-04-20 at 7:55 AM, ErikSteffens said:

I've got the same issue here.

Restart of the SMS_EXECUTIVE service or the whole site server doesn't solve the problem.

Anyone got an idea?

On 2017-05-03 at 3:37 PM, Mottl Gergely said:

hello,

some problem here, do you find an Solution?

regards

Did any of you guys find a solution to this?
I tried with the latest update, KB4019926, but the problem is still there...

I've contacted Microsoft support 3 weeks ago. They said because I used the Fast Ring option they do will not fix this issue.

But the options they gave me helped me find a way to finally update my Site Server. I did the following:

Delete the update records from the SQL Database:
- DELETE FROM CM_UpdatePackages WHERE PackageGuid='239E18DA-5872-47BF-93C5-9531A744C6F3'
- DELETE FROM CM_UpdatePackages WHERE PackageGuid='DBEF803D-D936-46B3-88FE-A5BDD7A03168'

239E18DA-5872-47BF-93C5-9531A744C6F3 is the guid of hotfix KB4018732
DBEF803D-D936-46B3-88FE-A5BDD7A03168 is the guid of hotfix KB4019926

Go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\EasySetupPayload and delete inside folders

Restart SMS_EXECUTICE server

Check for Updates from Console. Ussually it takes about 10 minutes. Don't click on Download Updates!!!

When the Updates appear, you should go to the properties of the Service Connection Point Role and change it to offline

Then use the service connection tool https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/servers/manage/use-the-service-connection-tool to download the update files

It will download several CAB files. You need to extract the files from 239E18DA-5872-47BF-93C5-9531A744C6F3.cab or DBEF803D-D936-46B3-88FE-A5BDD7A03168.cab to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\EasySetupPayload.
They need to be extracted in a subfolder with the GUID name.

After you got the files in place, you can turn back the properties of the Service Connection Point Role to online.

Now you can try to install the hotfix again. On my Site Server these steps result in installing the hotfix. I think it is not supported by Microsoft, but it worked for me. :rolleyes:

Hope this helps.

• Like 1