chanderjeet

HP X360 1030 G2 - [Issue #1] - Won't join domain

Hello,

I seem to have a riddle at hand. We got the GP X360 1030 G2 unit and I hooked it up for OSD testing. I've got the driver package created and when I run the TS, it goes through all steps as expected and then the domain joining step occur. Interesting, it does not join the domain but also do not fail at that step, even though it's set to. 

After domain joining, TS is set to reboot and then come back and start SCCM client installation. The client installation happens and then it reboots again and start with the next step too before failing.

1) Boot using bootable USB and start TS

2) Steps happen as expected.

3) Domain joining step happens but machine does not join the domain. (Under Panther folder, the setuperr shows 0x57 domain join failed due to bad credentials. We've run this TS on other machines and they work fine)

4) After domain joining step, a reboot happens and machine continues the TS.

5) SCCM client installation happens.

6) Machine reboots.

7) Next TS step happens and after a few seconds into the step the TS stops abruptly that the machine comes to a administrator login screen.

We've checked and found that during all steps, the machine maintains network connectivity.
We've checked credentials for Domain joining account.
We've checked with another USB ethernet.
We've also reinjected the ethernet drivers into the driver pkg.
Actually, we've recreated the pkg entirely.
After login using the admin password, we can see that all network components installed in the device manager
Machine is still getting IP address so we can attribute this behaviour to "network lost" during TS.

Panther\UnattendedGC\Setuperr.log shows:
[DJOIN.EXE] Unattended Join: Failed to load all required input parameters, error occured processing [Username]: 0x57
[DJOIN.EXE] Unattended Join: Unable to join; gdwError = 0x57

What says the collective?

Thanks
Chanderjeet

-- 

Edited by chanderjeet