itrider

SCCM 1702 & Win10v1703 deploy - "Just a moment"

I have started testing PXE image deployment of Win10v1703x64.  Now that I have fixed my boot images (it upgraded them, but all my OS images were still pointing to the old ones), it deploys successfully.  However, I do have one quirk.  After the 2nd reboot where it would start to "Setup Operating System" and configure the client, I only see a blue screen that says "Just a moment".  Some other forums also have people with this problem.  The tasks appear to continue in the background, but I cannot see the progress of image deployment/setup.  Any guidance?

2017-05-01_13-58-21.jpg

I have been reading that others with this issue I face have added a computer restart command in the "Setup Operating System" section of the TS just after the "Setup Windows and Configuration Manager".  Does anyone have a better solution?

I got the same issue, but i thought it was because i'm still using ADK 1511 (10.0.10586.0) and ConfigMgr 1511 (5.00.8325.1000).

I will upgrade to ConfigMgr 1610 and after that to 1703, just thinking of updating mine installed ADK 1511 directly to ADK 1703.
But i'm not sure ADK 1703 will work with ConfigMgr 1610.

I will test your reboot suggestion in my current config.

Reboot step does fix the progress Bar issue, but the custom wallpaper disappears.

Hey guys this issue has been driving me crazy the last week or so. It seems work fine with our Win10x64 1703 Domain Task Sequence but not our Win10x64 1703 Workgroup Task Sequence (it stays at Just a sec forever). We are ConfigMgr 1702, ADK 1607. It does kinda have a OOBE feeling to it and I have tweaked a couple of settings such as SkipMachineOOBE but not getting anywhere! I have a feeling that there is either a patch or something like that in my build or a bug with the ADK? Does anyone else have some suggestions?

20170529_161301.jpg

On 2017-5-29 at 8:25 AM, ITNinjaGuy said:

Hey guys this issue has been driving me crazy the last week or so. It seems work fine with our Win10x64 1703 Domain Task Sequence but not our Win10x64 1703 Workgroup Task Sequence (it stays at Just a sec forever). We are ConfigMgr 1702, ADK 1607. It does kinda have a OOBE feeling to it and I have tweaked a couple of settings such as SkipMachineOOBE but not getting anywhere! I have a feeling that there is either a patch or something like that in my build or a bug with the ADK? Does anyone else have some suggestions?

Ran into the same issue after having a succesful 1607 task sequence for months. As suggested by others the fix is to add a 'Restart Computer' step after the 'Setup Windows and ConfigMgr' step in your 1703 task sequence. 
No idea what is causing this and if Microsoft is aware of this problem. My environment is at the latest versions (SCCM) and fixes (ADK). I'm using a customized reference image for the OS deployment.

Now I just have to find out what is causing the OS to have two languages after installation. Might be something in the unattended.xml during capture. Gonna try the TS with a defaut install.wim to exclude that option :)

Hey guys sorry for the delay. I found the problem in our environment! 

It turns out that deleing the account DefaultAccount was causing it to lock up...for what reason I just don't know. We disabled this step and our workgroup based Task Sequences are now working properly. I have a gut feeling that Microsoft are now using this built in account for other things where as it was just an erroneous in the past.