simulacra75

Win 10 1607 Language Interface Pack issue

Hi there

Seem to have a problem with Language Interface Packs and Windows 10 1607 in a Task Sequence deployment. I've followed the guide on this site and that part seems to work (at least partly). Date/Time is displayed in the language of the LIP I installed (Chinese Traditional) but if i launch Windows Explorer, for example, the menus and labels are all still in English.

If, however, i run a Task Sequence that installs the OS in English and manually apply the LIP after the TS completes using DISM from a command line then Windows Explorer shows all labels and menus in Chinese Traditional (this is the desired outcome). Any ideas where i might be going wrong in my TS?

What is the TS? Which guide did you use (link)?  I ask because I have 5 different languages that DISM and set all the language/display into the proper setup. My DISM integration comes at a cost...the machines are now reporting into SCCM Collections as that language, disregarding the fact that my base image is en-US.  This makes the servicing plan deployment/upgrade for clients more difficult since I have to copy every language upgrade (~4GB) required at each DP and target them because trying to upgrade their reported "de-DE" computer using "en-US" fails with wrong language version.

if the os is in english then it's not applying everything correctly, grab your unattend.xml and smsts.log and post them here.