anyweb

How can I install System Center Configuration Manager version 1702 (Current Branch) on Windows Server 2016 with SQL 2016

you are absolutely right. I changed (thanks to your last comment) that about 2 minutes before receiving this update and it appears to be working now. 

$SDKServer="MySCCM2016.MY2016DC.LOCAL"
$RoleCommunicationProtocol="HTTPorHTTPS"
$ClientsUsePKICertificate="0"
$PrerequisiteComp="1"
$PrerequisitePath="D:\Downloads"
$ManagementPoint="MySCCM2016.MY2016DC.LOCAL"
$ManagementPointProtocol="HTTP"
$DistributionPoint="MySCCM2016.MY2016DC.LOCAL"
$DistributionPointProtocol="HTTP"
$DistributionPointInstallIIS="0"
$AdminConsole="1"
$JoinCEIP="0"
$SQLServerName="MySCCM2016.MY2016DC.LOCAL"

Thank you SO much for all this information. It has been very useful. After it completes, I will do it all over again just for fun. Again, I thank you.

no worries

by the way i've a new version of this guide below, part 3 coming soon

• How can I install System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) version 1802 on Windows Server 2016 with SQL Server 2017 – Part 1
  • How can I install System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) version 1802 on Windows Server 2016 with SQL Server 2017 – Part 2

you know your spoiling us :D

You have no idea how much this is appreciated. I am working on my SCCM certification and I used your documents in the past to create an SCCM 2007 environment and it worked well. I used other docs for my SCCM 1710 build (on Server 2008r2 and Server 2012). Even though the docs work, they were not laid out as organized as this (and they skipped some steps) and never provided scripts to auto build. With your process, I can build and rebuild (manual and automatically) so I can learn better. Again, I thank you very very much 

• Haha 1

Great post period! I have a question and feel here is where it will be solved. Having trawled the net for 3 days - I need an answer to a question...

Prereqs for install state create Systems Management Folder etc. What happens when you have existing CM2007 install in situ and you want to install a clean version of Microsoft System Center 2016 on Windows 2016 Installation – Primary Site Server. What happens to the existing systems management folder when cm 2016 setup is finally run?  I am already planning on different site-code and VLAN to separate for a test. But concerned about systems management folder aspects

Great post period! I have a question and feel here is where it will be solved. Having trawled the net for 3 days - I need an answer to a question...  Prereqs for install state create Systems Management Folder etc. What happens when you have existing CM2007 install in situ and you want to install a clean version of Microsoft System Center 2016 on Windows 2016 Installation – Primary Site Server. What happens to the existing systems management folder when cm 2016 setup is finally run?  I am already planning on different site-code and VLAN to separate for a test. But concerned about systems management folder aspects

hi Thomas,

I didn't create any separate discs for temp and transaction logs and didn't add it to the scripts either, that would be an exercise for you to undertake,

p.s. you should really be working off the latest version of the guide here > How can I install System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) version 1802 on Windows Server 2016 with SQL Server 2017 – Part 1

hi AdamNH, use the link in the post directly above your post, and it will work just fine,

only logged in, members of windows-noob.com can download scripts.