Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest free electron

Windows Explorer search: No "File Content" in "Search again in"

6 posts in this topic

I want to search only in the file contents, not in file name, path.... There has to be a "File content" icon next to "Libraries" ... "Internet" (look at the screenshot) under "Search again in" but i have none...

post-4555-12612445850231_thumb.gif

Ehmm... Maybe I just don't get your question, but it (your screenshot) just says Search again in: Libraries Custom Internet File Contents

This picture only should show you what i´m looking for. On my windows this "File content" is missing...

If i start to search then there shows up the "Search again in:" and a list of hits is build, but there is no "Dateiinhalt" (or "File contents" in english). There is only the "Libraries" ... "Internet"!

post-4555-12613066778887_thumb.gif

Now i solved this...

->

If you search inside a folder which is indexed, then the explorer searches both in filename/type/properties AND content. But then there is no option to search again in "File contents". So you can´t search only in "File contents".

If you search inside a folder which is not indexed, then the explorer searches only in filename/type/properties. Then there is this option "File contents" i´m looking for. Then you can click this option and extend the search. But you can´t search "File contents" only, too.

Some more info:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd744686(WS.10).aspx#WS_RescopingSearcheswithSearchAgainLinks

Sorry, this is my 1st posting. Is there any option to mark this topic as "solved"?