8of9

Querying User Documentation Location

Hello guys

We've just made some changes to our estate and I am trying to query through SQL applications that have information within the "User documentation" field under the "Application Catalog" tab, but the SQL tables/views i'm looking in don't have any data populated.

We use the Application Catalog tab for manual installs for applications but we don't have it enabled, which i'm guessing is why the tables are blank.

Has anybody queried this type of information before? I have searched in vCatalogAppModelProperties, v_CatalogClassicAppProperties, v_UserAppsLocalizedPropsForCatalog as well as many of the CI tables.

Thanks for any help.

Properties of application and its deployment are stored in xml file in database. You need to review the xml and extract the information from it. Sample query is Avilable on my blog post http://eskonr.com/2015/05/sccm-configmgr-2012-how-to-extract-information-from-xml-file-stored-in-sql-db-for-application-properties/

Eswar

Thank you for your reply - great blog post. However, I don't think I can find the field I want in there?

I am talking about the "User Documentation" field within the "Application Catalog" tab in the properties of an Application, rather than in the deployment type.