We are experiencing this bug in SCCM 1702 where we can’t import certain computer records.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fadf5381-793f-4a9b-865d-17c6b9cddbe4/cm-1702-importcmcomputerinformation?forum=ConfigMgrPowerShell

SCCM seems to be holding the MAC address even though there is no computer record so gives an error that the MAC is not unique when importing.

Quoting Adam Meltzer Microsoft employee "This will be fixed in the next update rollup with a fix to the SMS Provider."

I would be wary of installing 1702 in production until this is fixed.

does the problem only occur when importing Via PowerShell ? if so what's the problem, it will be fixed..

I've pinged Adam to ask when the rollup is coming....

I didn't post the original topic, but I'm just manually importing a single computer record and it's failing.

We're ramping up our Win 10 migration and I now have to reinstall the SCCM client and let it inventory before I can do an OSD.

Thanks for checking when the rollup might be available, that's what I need to know. Chasing this via MS account manger too.

Having the same problem. Import already existing clients is not possiblie (nor via powershell, not even with parameter "mergeifexist" neither via GUI of CM Client).

We side-by-side migrated from old CM-Env. to new and also migrated all collections. As workaround we are using now password in PXE + OSDComputerName.

i'm not sure if this weekends hotfix will fix this problem but check your Updates and Servicing node....