hi 

so I've upgrade to 1702 though after this clients cannot communicate back to the primary server.

I'm seeing the following issues on the primary server

in system logs

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{1A9FFCE9-10C1-40BC-9815-B20C1DC2D156}
 and APPID
{AD65A69D-3831-40D7-9629-9B0B50A93843}
 to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

management point is at critical and is flagging up a load for different errors.

sMS_Providers

Site Component Manager failed to reinstall this component on this site system.
Solution: Review the previous status messages to determine the exact reason for the failure. Site Component Manager will automatically retry the reinstallation in 60 minutes. To force Site Component Manager to immediately retry the reinstallation, stop and restart Site Component Manager using the Configuration Manager Service Manager

SMS_Providers

Site Component Manager could not stop the winmgmt service on site system "\site name

Possible cause: Site Component Manager does not have sufficient access rights to administer the site system.
Solution: Verify that the Site System Connection accounts are properly configured to allow the site to administer the site system.
If this problem persists, refer to your ConfigMgr Documentation or the Microsoft Knowledge Base for further troubleshooting information.

Any one seen this, every other upgrade has gone smooth before, I have a site snapshot from VMware before update from the start of the day so I could roll back if needs be

thanks for any assitance