xerxes2985

32 bit and 64 bit Software Package?

I am trying to create a SINGLE software package using the native MSI installers that will install based upon architecture, 32bit/64bit. Is this possible? Or do I need to have a separate application/package for each version?

I am trying to avoid the use of a script to handle this.

OK, so I've figured out how to do this using a package instead of an application.

I've also figured I can utilize my collections to determine which architecture gets what software - but I was wondering is it possible, without a script, to use a program from a package to determine that?

In the Application you made, you can make two Deployment Types one for the 64bit MSI and one for the 32bit and set the requirements to match the OS of that architecture.  You'll then have a single app that will contain both of the MSI's and only the correct one that matches the OS architecture will get installed and you can deploy it to a single collection that contains your devices.  Check out the attached image.

7zip.PNG