Mahend

Need help to configure wsus for windows10 clients?

Question

Hi,

Already I have wsus for windows 7 clients but when I use the same configuration for windows 10 clients getting lot of issues like client isn't reporting,not installing updates on correct scheduled time.When it comes to windows7 everything is fine detecting,reporting,Installing updates on time.

Do I need to change any settings or any special configuration required..Please share the information on this.

Thanks in advance.

5 answers to this question

well Windows 10 WSUS requirements are listed here

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/update/waas-manage-updates-wsus

Requirements for Windows 10 servicing with WSUS

To be able to use WSUS to manage and deploy Windows 10 feature updates, you must have WSUS 4.0, which is available in the Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2012 operating systems. In addition to WSUS 4.0, you must install the KB3095113 and KB3159706 patches on the WSUS server.

so have you fulfilled those requirements ?

Yes,

I did follow the same guide and Installed required patches,fortunately my server received them by doing windows updates.But instead of selecting express installation I have chosen other option.

And when Install fresh os in my client it's win 10 build 10240..what are the settings I need to choose in products to get all the latest updates?

I attached chosen products...Please guide me If I made any mistake.

Thanks in advance

Capture.PNG