I'm in the process of setting up a new install of SCCM 1702, at the time I used the base 1606 install and upgraded to 1702. I'm now at the point where I'm adding additional Distribution Points at our local branch offices, the install starts and the 4 client packages (boot images deployed after)(content.jpg) error, the install carries on and configures and installs the DP as expected, the 4 client packages are then successfully distributed, and the DP has all nice green ticks on the details tab (moredetail.jpg). However on the Distribution Point Configuration Status node the two DP's I have installed are showing as error, if you look at the dp on the primary site server (ps.jpg) its showing 6 successes, no failed. on the two new DP's (dp.jpg) its showing the same 6 success, but showing failed as -4 and only shows 2 pacakges targed compared to the 6 on the PS.

There are no errors in the DP logs, distmgr.log or PkgXferMgr.log files , all content has distributed fine, i can only assume this is a bug in the Distribution Point Configuration node.

anyone else come across this? I have managed to find only one post about this

**edited to add all the site servers are running Windows Server 2016

content.JPGcontent.jpg

moredetail.JPGmoredetails.jpg

ps.JPGps.jpg

dp.JPGdp.jpg

I have the exact same issue. this only happens on new DPs that I have setup since upgrading to 1702, all existing DPs report as normal in the console.  I have opened a case with Microsoft and so far it appears to be a bug of some sort in SCCM 1702.  Though at this time Microsoft has not confirmed this to me yet as the tech is checking with the upper level support teams to confirm.

As a check you can open you SQL Studio , expand on your CM_ database click on Views and filter for vSMS_DPStatusInfo and select top 1000 rows.  There you can check the NumberErrors = -4 and Message State = 4 and see the problem in SQL. Here you can see my two problem DPs on the bottom rows.

5927403f00e66_sqltable.jpg.393f13bbbc19e1a6486cf122484083d0.jpg

Also interesting I had two actual failed deployments to these problem DPs and the failed count changed to Failed:-2, once these were corrected the failed count went back to Failed:-4.  I guess this makes sense as the DPs are fully functional and only reporting to be in an Error state in Monitoring section of the console.

I hope to have a fix from Microsoft, but if it is indeed a bug then I was told I may have to wait and it will be addressed in a future SCCM update or hotfix. 

FYI - my version of SCCM 1702 did not require the recently released hotfix for 1702 based on the GUID ID of my 1702 site. So the recently released hotfix for 1702 is not a fix for this issue.

Edited by tmac4434

I've just installed CM 1702 Hotfix Rollup (KB4019926) onto my Primary Site server, and added a new distribution point, it is now showing as OK with all content distributed, I've removed and readded another DP and that is now showing as OK too, so I'm currently removing and readding the others now.

After applying hotfix rollup KB4019926 to your site all you need to do to correct the DPs showing the error state due to Content Failed -4 is run the following exec spRebuildContentDistribution 1 on your SCCM data base in Sql  server management studio.

For more information please see the Microsoft article for KB4019926: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4019926/update-rollup-for-system-center-configuration-manager-current-branch-v 

This saved me from removing and recreating the DPs to correct  the issue.

Good luck!

Edited by tmac4434