PaulWhite@pickens.k12

Windows 10 in-place upgrade task sequence fails

Question

I created an upgrade package in SCCM and the task sequence runs fine on a VM, but when I try it on a physical laptop it fails. The error is just the generic code and the smstslog just stops, no errors. here is the error screen shot and log.

Configuration Manager CB 1702

Windows 10 Enterprise CB 1703 X64

Dell Latitude E5420  Windos 7 Enterprise X64

smsts-20170530-093550.log

Capture.JPG

6 answers to this question

that is not the smsts.log that is another one with the date/time added to it, which happens often when logs are rolled over and a new one is generated, the original log file must be there somewhere (probably c:\windows\ccm\logs\smstslog)

can you double check (there can be two)

• smsts-yyyymmdd-hhmmss.log
  • smsts.log

i need the logs from the client only, but more than likely it is your AV software 'blocking' the upgrade, this can be seen by examining the xml files created in the C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther\  folder

if it fails again, inlcude the log+xml files in a zip from that folder and attach them here