We have an isolated network with current branch(1606) installed and it does not work.  It sees clients and it knows what updates the clients need, but nothing seems to get pushed to the clients.  I’ve not had many issues using SCCM 2007 and 2012 in the same network so I don’t have a lot of trouble shooting experience.  From my little experience I can’t figure out what’s wrong.  Any suggestions on where to start looking?  Any ideas would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

can you go into more detail about 'it does not work', have you configured any boundaries ? what do the logs and component status tell you ?

So let me give you our situation.  We have an isolated network with a server (server A) running MS Server 2012 R2 and SCCM 2012 R2.  We are replacing all of our machines, so with that we now have a server (server B) running MS Server 2012 R2 with SCCM current branch (v1606) installed in the same network.  In an attempt to transition from SCCM on Server A to SCCM on Server B we altered a few things on server A. 

Discovery Methods

Active Directory Forest Discovery has been turned off

Active Directory Group has been turned off

Active Directory System has been turned off

Heartbeat Discovery is the only thing left on

Because we do not want Server B to take everything over till we can get Server B to work correctly we have only set

Discovery Methods

Active Directory System is on

Heartbeat Discovery is on

By not having Active Directory Forest Discovery on the boundary was not made automatically.  So we manually built the boundary with these settings

Boundary

Type – Active Directory Site

Active Directory Site name: Default-First-Site-Name

There is only one group Boundary Group and it has our 1 boundary in it.

The component status was good for a few days and then I was getting errors on Site Status SUP and 2 (I don’t remember which 2) from Component Status.  I had read something that made me look at the IIS Server (which is on Server B) and found that Application Pools -> WSUSpools was stopped.  I don’t know why, but I restarted it and it has been fine for 4 days now.  That also cleared up the Site/Component Status issues.

SCCM (server B) would not install its own client; I had to manually do that.

I current have 3 WIN 10 boxes; spilt into 2 collections and 2 Server 2012 R2 boxes in 2 collections.  SCCM (server B) does see all the machines and sees what patches are needed for each client.  I made a deployment for server B and for 1 of the Win 10 collections.  And none of the machines have received any of the patches.  When I look at the Software Update->A Compliance->Compliance 1 report it shows that the machines are not compliant.

I’m not sure where to go from here.  I hope I’ve included enough information this time.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Alright, did a little testing on a client and discovered this.  With Windows Explorer open to monitor the CCM->logs I opened Configuration Manager Properties and ran the action Software Update Deployment Evaluation Cycle and noticed that there were no log files being updated.

On 6/2/2017 at 10:31 AM, bmkiss67 said:

Alright, did a little testing on a client and discovered this.  With Windows Explorer open to monitor the CCM->logs I opened Configuration Manager Properties and ran the action Software Update Deployment Evaluation Cycle and noticed that there were no log files being updated.

You have to associate a boundary with a Site System under the properties of that IP range/subnet.  You talk about 2 different sites since you transitioning over to a clean setup...if you want the clients to pull from ServerB, did you change the Site Management Point Component Properties and add the MP that you want broadcast to clients?  If you check a client, does it say which site you are going to?  Or, do both servers belong to the same Site and are in the same IP/Subnet boundary?

ServerA is setup to handle 99% of the machine, everyone that he can see.  ServerB is setup to only see 5 machines that ServerA can not see.  The clients on the machines that server sees do see him as the correct management site.