anyweb

How can I capture Windows 7

trigger it from within windows using the RAP, (run advertised programs)

cheers

niall

Hi,

I had follow the above guide to create the autologin package, import the task sequence, add the computer to the advertised collection.

But after I restarted the computer and login using the administrator account, I can't find the advertisment inside RAP.

Please advice on how to troubleshoot this, any help will be appreciated. :)

Thanks

Hi,

I had follow the above guide to create the autologin package, import the task sequence, add the computer to the advertised collection.

But after I restarted the computer and login using the administrator account, I can't find the advertisment inside RAP.

Please advice on how to troubleshoot this, any help will be appreciated. :)

Thanks

Sorry, please ignore the above queries. The task sequence was advertised to the desktop after approx 10 mins.

Hi,

First thanks for the great tut, i only have one issue, i have captured .wim (win7 ent & Adobe cs5 MS 11 GB) so far so good, then if i deploy this to an other workstation the image is deployd ok.

But after that i cant login with the administrator account anymore and the task for adding this client in domain is also not working, further the last sequence install office 2007 is skipt also......there are no error reports...

I have attached the screenshots with the tasksequence to capture a workstaion, mabye i forgot one.?

The one with install software is the one from this tut

post-6439-12786501788126_thumb.jpg

Any suggestions?

Rgds, :blink:

I would probably add a setup to this guide informing people to update the task "capture the reference machine" as they need to update both the path to save the image and the account used to save the wim file.

Hi,

First thanks for the great tut, i only have one issue, i have captured .wim (win7 ent & Adobe cs5 MS 11 GB) so far so good, then if i deploy this to an other workstation the image is deployd ok.

But after that i cant login with the administrator account anymore and the task for adding this client in domain is also not working, further the last sequence install office 2007 is skipt also......there are no error reports...

I have attached the screenshots with the tasksequence to capture a workstaion, mabye i forgot one.?

The one with install software is the one from this tut

Capture.JPG

Any suggestions?

Rgds, blink.gif

for client is not adding to the domain ,have you set the option to join the computer to domain also check the account which you have used to join ?

did you find any information from smsts.log ?

cont login with administrator account--->have u check the option "randomly generate password local admin password" under Apply windows settings Task Action ?

I'm new to SCCM 2007 SP2.

I'm trying to capture my Windows 7 Reference computer to a wim file.

Every steps of this guide works works except the last one where I always receive the error code 0x80070005.

Is there any logs I can look at to try to show me the way ?

I also try other guide from this site and the capture process always end with a code 0x80070xxxx.

If you have any hint for me, let me know, I will appreciate.

post the smsts.log file here and we'll check it

post the smsts.log file here and we'll check it

Strange, I can't find this log file anywhere... I did a

c:\

dir smsts.log /s

d:\

dir smsts.log /s

And no result

Thanks a lot to reply very fast BTW...!!!

check in c:\windows\temp

check in c:\windows\temp

Ok, I finaly make it working...

Anstead of pointing my destination wim file to \\sms\source... I create an other share folder on an other server and point the wim file there. Working...

So It must be a security issues... This SMS server was running 2003 with SMS... I upgrade the server to Windows 2008 + SCCM SP2... (Take me 1 week to solve all the issues...)

I will wait until my image done and will try to get this c:\windows\temp\sms*.log file...

Thanks for your help !

Hi,

since I am totally new regarding SCCM all your tutorials are extreamly helpful, but.. :)

I did everything you post in this thread and now I am stuck on first step. When I choose run from the RAP I receive error "The requested software cannot be located..."

post-6821-12822072090158_thumb.png

I have tryed everything that I know, but still unable to pass this step.

Also I cannot locate smsts.log file.

Please help.

Thanks.

Hi,

since I am totally new regarding SCCM all your tutorials are extreamly helpful, but.. smile.gif

I did everything you post in this thread and now I am stuck on first step. When I choose run from the RAP I receive error "The requested software cannot be located..."

error SCCM.png

I have tryed everything that I know, but still unable to pass this step.

Also I cannot locate smsts.log file.

Please help.

Thanks.

Can you check the CAS.log file also make sure if you have updated the packages to DP(Boot image packages if it is OS deployment).

I have seen similar type of issue long back, check out this link here

Still no luck.

I added new boot image and link it to TS, but no luck.

Checked the CAS log and found this:

<![LOG[No matching DP Location found]LOG]!><time="18:51:44.013+-120" date="08-19-2010" component="ContentAccess" context="" type="1" thread="5672" file="locationcontentrequest.cpp:611">

<![LOG[Location update from LS for content P0100023.2 and location request {1253F357-EB13-44FA-BE05-33B0BA75578B}]LOG]!><time="18:51:44.053+-120" date="08-19-2010" component="ContentAccess" context="" type="1" thread="5672" file="locationcontentrequest.cpp:593">

<![LOG[Download location found 0 - \\SCCM.SRV\SMSPKGD$\P0100023\]LOG]!><time="18:51:44.053+-120" date="08-19-2010" component="ContentAccess" context="" type="1" thread="5672" file="locationcontentrequest.cpp:601">

<![LOG[Matching DP Location found 0 - \\SCCM.SRV\SMSPKGD$\P0100023\]LOG]!><time="18:51:44.053+-120" date="08-19-2010" component="ContentAccess" context="" type="1" thread="5672" file="locationcontentrequest.cpp:631">

I have checked WebDav and the only thing that was different according the manual posted on this site was Allow hidden files to be listed. I corrected it and restart IIS and now it is working. :)

Thanks for your help.

Anyway to achieve this with PXE only?

The reason is that i have prepare a computer but i dont see the point to join it to the domain and capture it!

Hi guys,

I've used this custom Task Sequence but when I try to run it via Control Panel/RAP, I'm just told that the 'program is currently not available'.

Any ideas? I'm massively stuck with deadlines looming and have no idea why this TS won't run. :(

Cheers,

MRaybone.

Hi guys,

I've used this custom Task Sequence but when I try to run it via Control Panel/RAP, I'm just told that the 'program is currently not available'.

Any ideas? I'm massively stuck with deadlines looming and have no idea why this TS won't run. sad.gif

Cheers,

MRaybone.

Check this link http://eskonr.wordpress.com/2010/01/27/sequence-from-run-advertised-program-window/

Check CAS.Log file in client side

Thanks for the reply. My error looks to be slightly different from the one in that post, and I'm not seeing anything recent in the CAS.log file.

post-4458-12837608365707_thumb.jpg

There is this in the EXECMGR.LOG though:

Verifying content availability for package CEN00124 optional program *
The created request is a Task Sequence request
Could not find the policy in WMI for package CEN00125 program autologin_enable
DeletedPolicy object is not found.(0x80002004)
Fail to initialize TS member info, error 0x80002004

Thanks for the reply. My error looks to be slightly different from the one in that post, and I'm not seeing anything recent in the CAS.log file.

Capture.JPG

There is this in the EXECMGR.LOG though:

Verifying content availability for package CEN00124 optional program *
The created request is a Task Sequence request
Could not find the policy in WMI for package CEN00125 program autologin_enable
DeletedPolicy object is not found.(0x80002004)
Fail to initialize TS member info, error 0x80002004

Recheck once again for the package ID CEN00125,is avilable in DP or not ?

The Package reports as Installed on all DPs, I also checked the SMSPKGx$ shares and the content is there. I just updated the DPs again to be sure though.

Ok the good news is that the DP refresh has worked and the TS ran.

The bad news is that I'm now getting the 0x0004005 error that others have reported during the "Running Sysprep command" stage. This issue didn't seem to have a solution... any ideas?

post your smsts.log file here and i'll take a look

Anyway to achieve this with PXE only?

The reason is that i have prepare a computer but i dont see the point to join it to the domain and capture it!

Anyone? :P

Hmmm.....Maybe i should manage the computer from workgroup using SLP...looks like they are communicating. Will try the capture when i got some time