anyweb

How can I capture Windows 7

Hi - I've manged to do this - then when I refer to the captured WIM in my full deployment TS it is trying to install the OS to D:\ rather than C:\ - I've been reading this is due to not doing a deploy and capture??

I actually need to do a manual install of windows (currently straight from the DVD churned out by the M$ ISO) and then install a few corporate apps - one in particular cannot be packaged (hence the requirement for manual config). Capture was a bit of a prob at first but eventually captured it.

But now like I say it tries installing it to D:\ - help!!!

I realize that this is an old thread but since it's the only one in the Capturing category of the thread that's pinned to the top of the board I figured I'd just say that I figured out a way around the auto-login registry hack. I just kicked off the task, waited for it to reboot and logged in manually. The sequence picked right up and finished the job.

Per the above: Side note: you'll need to create a step in your deploy task sequence to remove the registry autologin values otherwise the deployed image will attempt auto login on first boot.

Ok...how do we do this?

Hello Niall,

I've try to create and run the Capture task sequence exactly as you describe but i got and error right when the task sequence start to run. Error is 0x00000032 . Here's the description in advertisement status " The task sequence execution engine failed executing the action (Autologin via registry) in the group (Capture the Reference Machine) with the error code 50

Action output: . The operating system reported error 50: The request is not supported. "
Any idea?
Thanks,
Johnathan

Please disregard my previous post above. I figured out the reason why it gave me that error. Also was able to get the Capture Task Sequence to work. Thank you Niall!

Hello All,

I am new to the SCCM world and we are currently trying to Capture our "Golden" image but keep running into some issues. Currently when we use the capture media task it continues to fail with a generic error code of 0x80004005 so i am hoping someone can point in the right direction. Please let me know if and what logs i need to post for this issue to be looked into, we are really excited to get started using SCCM for our new imaging solution. thanks in advanced.

we need to see your smsts.log file(s)