gopi8883

Windows 10 standalone media not joining to domain

Hi,

I am trying to create a stand-alone media for windows 10 using SCCM 2012 integrated with MDT. 

The media does help in the machine joining to domain. when i checked the log file in C:\Windows\Panther\UnattendGC

Setuperr.log file says:

[DJOIN.EXE] Unattended Join: NetJoinDomain failed error code is [1355]
[DJOIN.EXE] Unattended Join: Unable to join; gdwError = 0x54b

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,

IIRC the 1355 error means the domain couldn't be found or contacted. Did you put the FQDN of the domain in the domain join step? I've also ran into an issue where the nic wasn't grabbing an IP quick enough so the network never initialized and communication failed. We added a step in the task sequence to ping the loopback address to give the network adapter long enough to pick up an IP.

• Like 1

Thank you for your response.

I have given the FQDN of the domain in the domain join step. 

I will try your suggestion to add the step to ping the loop back address but can you please help me to know where i should put that step in the task sequence? Sorry if u feel its a dumb question.

the machine is getting an IP address from and based on that IP address, the name is assigned. 

But still it is not joining to the domain, it is directly taking me to the administrator login screen after the completion of installation.

Any more suggestions please? 

Sorry its taken me so long to respond....been a busy week!

Can you post your smsts log as well? How are you joining the PC to the domain - are you using the 'Apply Network Settings' step? We joined the PC to a workgroup in the 'Apply Network Settings' step, then added a 'Run Command Line' step to ping the loopback, then used the 'Join Domain or Workgroup' step to join the domain. For us it was all about timing. Certain model laptops with SSD's were more prone to this behavior than other were.