So I've gone through all the step-by-step guides and have SCCM up and running and it's working great. I'm able to upgrade my Windows 7 machines to Windows 10 and I can install Windows 10 to a bare system through network boot.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I didn't see any guide for setting up updates to windows systems? Whenever I check for updates on my newly installed machines it tells me the machine is out of date but it's not getting any updates from my SCCM box.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for configuring SCCM to keep my Windows clients up to date now that I have them upgraded?

Here is a guide from MS. Have you done this part? If Yes, check the registry on the client machine at HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate. In here you should see entries for WUServer and WUStatusServer. The values for these entries should be the Primary Site server, if you have everything setup correctly, e.g. http://<Primary Site Name>:8530