Bookster

Rebuilding machines that have previously been built with OSD task sequence

Hi,

I'm struggling to find a definative answer to a question. Is it possible to rebuild a machine via an OSD task sequence within SCCM 2012 R2? Is SCCM working correctly in that if I have previously built a machine via a task sequence, then try to rebuild that machine it does not see that same task sequence and therefore will not be able to be rebuilt? I have a sequence deployed to all unknown computers. The 1st time it builds fine, if I then try to rebuild, it will not see the task sequence. I am assuming as it's no longer an unknown computer.

Part of the sequence places the computer in a specified OU, it seems that sometimes it will see the sequence, sometimes it will not. I am using a usb build key with not pxe boot server.

Is it expected behaviour that you should delete the computer from SCCM and then rebuild, is there a work around to allow support staff who don't have access to SCCM to rebuild machines?

Any help appreciated.

sorry just read the rest of your thread... as a work around, you can advertise the task to your desktop collection, but have the task respond ONLY to PXE and MEDIA, have it set to AVAILABLE and put a password on your boot media.

MEDIA and PXE only, available setting and the password are all items to prevent current devices from getting reimaged by accident.

• Like 2