Good Morning,

Following the instructions here, I've attempted to replicate this same process with installing Windows 10 1607 LTSB. It does not apply the custom menu I exported. 

The log file contain any notice of failures for the package applying.

I am using the copyprofile method (that I created my reference image using), is this causing issues?

sounds like it, try the same thing without copyprofile,

I havent tested this with LTSB, so maybe that could be part of your issue also...

Importing a Start Menu with COPYPROFILE has been deprecated.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/yongrhee/2018/03/12/windows-10-using-copyprofile-for-the-start-menu-has-been-deprecated/

I would stay clear from using COPYPROFILE anyways.  You can still configure the Default profile by injecting registry settings into C:\Users\Default\NTUser.dat or you can use provisioning packages.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, JoseEspitia said:

Importing a Start Menu with COPYPROFILE has been deprecated.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/yongrhee/2018/03/12/windows-10-using-copyprofile-for-the-start-menu-has-been-deprecated/

I would stay clear from using COPYPROFILE anyways.  You can still configure the Default profile by injecting registry settings into C:\Users\Default\NTUser.dat or you can use provisioning packages.

Doing all that is not really necessary in my case. The goal was to really customize the start menu. I was attempting to use copy profile a year or so ago simply to make the office 2016 suite appear under one folder (lol). At the time it was driving me nuts. 

On 3/24/2018 at 10:32 AM, xerxes2985 said:

Doing all that is not really necessary in my case. The goal was to really customize the start menu. I was attempting to use copy profile a year or so ago simply to make the office 2016 suite appear under one folder (lol). At the time it was driving me nuts. 

You don't have to use COPYPROFILE for that..  You can add a folder to %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs and it will be visible for all users.  For example, I put all my Office shortcuts in the following custom folder:

%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office 2016

• Thanks 1