olivier

How to request for existing Task sequence from WINPE

Hello team,

We build an intranet tool for schedule deployment scenario (backup restore refresh replace...)

Capture.PNG.9c189e28c031a01032afdb7b88c14013.PNG

A powershell script collect the new scenario and create collection and deployment following what we choose (scenario, source & target, time to start).

All is working perfectly, deployment task start on time, and it is very easy to schedule new job.

BUT :

- concerning the deploy scenario and replace target (new computer) we boot new computer in PXE.

An empty task sequence is in avalaible mode for unknow computer, this task run a powershell script who detect if computer have scenario define or not and display information on the screen.

20170628_100618.thumb.jpg.6855802ae4bb3223bc2d843b1a3a4c2f.jpg

Computer time is correct but the job do not start on time, sometimes one hour after sometimes never...

I am looking for a way to request policy and make it start on time.

I suspect the empty task sequence (or the powershell script in execution) to block the execution of the scenario task sequence.

another pb : if i stop the powershell script once scenario detected the computer reboot and do not wait for the scenario task sequence

Could you please advice ?

I know it is a strange way, but we do not want to use the wizard because all automation are done on the intranet (naming convention, application).