fad632

SCCM CB Upgrade - Including Server and SQL Upgrade

Hi Guys,

We are currently in a situation where we would like to upgrade to SCCM from 1606 to 1702, the problem however is that we are currently running on SQL 2008 R2 and Server 2008 R2.

I know we need to upgrade the SQL database and Server OS before we can do the upgrade, and we plan on going to 2012 R2, my questions are as follows:

1. Which would be best to upgrade first SQL database or Server OS?

2. Has anyone got any experience with the server in-place upgrade, as this would be the option we would like to run?

Thanks in advance

Hello,

SQL Server 2008 R2, for site database servers. This version of SQL Server remains supported when you use a Configuration Manager version prior to version 1702.

I upgraded directly from SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 to 1702; worked without an issue. For better first upgrade Server OS and then upgrade to SQL Database.

Thanks, MadisonQuinn

On 04/07/2017 at 7:47 AM, madisonquinn said:

Hello,

SQL Server 2008 R2, for site database servers. This version of SQL Server remains supported when you use a Configuration Manager version prior to version 1702.

I upgraded directly from SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 to 1702; worked without an issue. For better first upgrade Server OS and then upgrade to SQL Database.

Thanks, MadisonQuinn

Legend thanks for the advice!