kderoo

Client displaying "This computer is being serviced" message

Good morning,

Ever since I started using the Current Branch version of SCCM, I experience issues with clients showing the "This computer is being serviced" message. This week I made a complete new image for our Thin Clients, based on Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Pro. I followed the correct guide for creating this image and removed the SCCM client locally before capturing the image. Now when I deploy this image onto four different Thin Clients, two of them are showing the message after a second reboot. So the first boot after the task sequence is being deployed, I won't see the message. Then I log on with a test user account and everything works. After a logoff and restart again, those two Thin Clients are showing the message and the other two does not.

I had these problems before with an earlier image but then, when I would log on as Administrator, the system gave me a message after a while te reboot the system and after the reboot the message was gone. With that earlier version the Write Filter would also be disabled when the message was being showed. Now with the latest image, the Write Filter is enable and still I get the message.

I have been searching all over the internet for help but can't seem to find any solution.

PS: our SCCM environment is upgraded to the 1702 version with the latest hotfix rollup deployed.

serviced.png

Take one computer that you are seeing this behavior on and check to see if it is a member of any collection that has reoccurring maintenance windows. I have seen some of our win8 embedded clients exhibit the same behavior when they were inadvertently added to a collection with maintenance windows. Are you installing windows updates as part of the task sequence?