ctelfer

Problem deploying Windows 2003

Question

I am successfully deploying all flavors of Windows server 2008. However I can not get W2003 to deploy. It goes through the tasks up until deploying the image, then reboots, but goes into perpetual reboots immediately after showing the windows splash. Any ideas?

I am successfully deploying all flavors of Windows server 2008. However I can not get W2003 to deploy. It goes through the tasks up until deploying the image, then reboots, but goes into perpetual reboots immediately after showing the windows splash. Any ideas?

I would guess a driver issue. What model(s) have you tried to deploy to? are any succeeding? have you tried to VM??

Hiya

I have similar problem when trying to deploy Server 2003.

In the SMSTS.log on the server I get the following error:

Failed to run the action: Apply Operating System Image. Unspecified error (Error: 80004005; Source:Windows)

Dell Poweredge 1850

Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2

SCCM 2007 R2 SP2

Any ideas would be greatful.

Thanks

here's your problem

Invalid disk number specified: 0

Invalid configuration specified. Please ensure that the task sequence is properly configured.

OSDDiskPart.exe failed: 0x80070490

Failed to run the action: Format and Partition Disk.

Element not found. (Error: 80070490; Source: Windows)

and

Failed to save environment to (80070057)

Failed to save the current environment block. This is usually caused by a problem with the program. Please check the Microsoft Knowledge Base to determine if this is a known issue or contact Microsoft Support Services for further assistance.

The parameter is incorrect. (Error: 80070057; Source: Windows)

Failed to persist execution state. Error 0x(80070057)

Failed to save execution state and environment to local hard disk

so, is this a RAID system, is RAID configured in any way ? have you added storage drivers ? you'll need to provide more info about the hardware and setup and what you've done so far....

When I was watching it go through I noticed it seemed to fail at the diskpart stage but I wasn't sure for definite. I did add in the storage drivers but I have just lost the connection to my lab and I'm working from home so I will have to get the exact details later.

Did you you use the trace32 to find those other errors?

Thanks

It's R1 mirror, on a Perc 4di and I'm using the PERC 3/QC Raid controller and PERC RAID Virtaul Disk Controller drivers.

In the drivers package itself I have only these drivers and the nic drivers. Is there anything else I need to add?

When I was watching it go through I noticed it seemed to fail at the diskpart stage but I wasn't sure for definite. I did add in the storage drivers but I have just lost the connection to my lab and I'm working from home so I will have to get the exact details later.

Did you you use the trace32 to find those other errors?

Thanks

yup trace32 shows up the errors very nicely in red and yellow, after a while you get used to scrolling through it to find the info

trace.JPG

yup trace32 shows up the errors very nicely in red and yellow, after a while you get used to scrolling through it to find the info

post-1-12627049044057_thumb.jpg

Mine formats the disk ok, drops the image OK, but keeps perpetually rebooting.