Marlew

Deploying a "special" Software

Hi Guys,

first at all, thanks to all the Articles and Manuals i found here over the Years i am working with SCCM. :)

Now, i try to deploy the Software "IBM i Access Client Solutions".

The Difficulty i am facing here is, the Software has no .exe or .msi File in this new Release anymore.

Installation get start with .js Files (who ever thought this will be a good thing in IBM)

Does anyone here in this Forum has experiences with this Software? Or any glue how to deploy Software like this or can just say it is not possible at all!?

I tried so far to install it with a .cmd, but it doesnt worked.

The IBM Website dont offer any Manual also.

Cause it is not a wide spread Software at all, i dont found any specific Help in the net as well.

I am open for any Suggestions and Help

Thanks and Regards

Marcus

Hi,

if you use a .cmd, it runs on various Java Errors during the Installation. When you are doing it locally by yourself, no Errors occur.

IBM has no Manual for a automatic deployment, as i mentioned already in my first Post.

They want to Install it for Users, by themselves from a Networkshare....

Cheers

Marcus

Have you run the batch file using the local system account? https://verbalprocessor.com/2007/12/05/running-a-cmd-prompt-as-local-system/

Have you ask the question of your IBM Support, Particularly, since IBM has their own version of SCCM, Tivoli, they must has a solution for enterprises to deploy Java.

Hi Marlew, did you find a solution on your question? We have ACS too and deployment of the package is working but through OSD it doesn't. The JS file which is used to install all the rest is calling other scripts.
I'll try launching it with the system account

5 hours ago, Kingskawn said:

Hi Marlew, did you find a solution on your question? We have ACS too and deployment of the package is working but through OSD it doesn't. The JS file which is used to install all the rest is calling other scripts.
I'll try launching it with the system account

And what happens when you run it with the local system account?

Have you contacted IBM about this yet? 

18 hours ago, GarthMJ said:

And what happens when you run it with the local system account?

Have you contacted IBM about this yet? 

I did the testing with a logged admin and running psexec -i -s cmd. I launched the command as in the command line of the TS:

"Windows_Application\install_acs_64_allusers.js" /Q
This doens't work when OSD is used. I think the software is failed (in the TS) because it doesn't finish in time. We now will use the app deployment toolkit to have a better control and logging. Maybe we discover something new.

I already tried command-lines:

waithidden cscript.exe //nologo //e:jscript .\Windows_Application\install_acs_64_allusers.js /Q

cscript.exe //b "\Windows_Application\install_acs_64_allusers.js" /Q

2 hours ago, Kingskawn said:

I did the testing with a logged admin and running psexec -i -s cmd. I launched the command as in the command line of the TS:

"Windows_Application\install_acs_64_allusers.js" /Q
This doens't work when OSD is used. I think the software is failed (in the TS) because it doesn't finish in time. We now will use the app deployment toolkit to have a better control and logging. Maybe we discover something new.

And exactly what happened when you ran the Psexec command? Did you try trying the cmd using the 32bit cmd too? 

It is easy to prove the timeout as it will show within the logs that the install timed out.