jackvdbuk

User app deployment not showing in Software Center

Hi Guys,

i can happily deploy programs/packages to Devices but when i do anything to a user collection nothing appears in the software center.

when i deploy i am selecting "Install" and "available". in User experience: display in software center and show all notifications".

i have downloaded both computer policy and user policy manually but still not appearing whilst a device deployment i did at the same time has appeared as available app and installed no problem!

just a note that when i deploy to user, i select "install for system", and " weather or not a user is logged on" as the user does not have admin rights and is required for this app.

any ideas please? cant work this one out!

4 hours ago, TrialandError said:

What version are you running? Do the deployments show in the application catalog? 

How funny, i wasn't even aware of the application catalog! i have added to the SCCM server and ta-da the user deployments appear there!

why do they not appear in the software center application on the clients pc? is there a way to change the location it appears or is it deployed like:

Device deployment software - appears in "software center" application

user software deployment - appears in application catalog

is that correct? P.S thank you for the help! 

Starting in SCCM 1511 you have the option of enabling the new Software Center through the client settings. The new Software Center will show application deployments to both user and computers as well as Update and Device Compliance. In SCCM 2012 application deployments to users showed in the Application Catalog and application deployments to computers showed in Software Center. Glad I could help!

New Shortcut Path: C:\Windows\CCM\ClientUX\SCClient.exe
Old Shortcut Path: C:\Windows\CCM\SCClient.exe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrialandError said:

Starting in SCCM 1511 you have the option of enabling the new Software Center through the client settings. The new Software Center will show application deployments to both user and computers as well as Update and Device Compliance. In SCCM 2012 application deployments to users showed in the Application Catalog and application deployments to computers showed in Software Center. Glad I could help!

New Shortcut Path: C:\Windows\CCM\ClientUX\SCClient.exe
Old Shortcut Path: C:\Windows\CCM\SCClient.exe

many thanks, so helpful. may try and persuade my boss to upgrade to 1511, what a weird way of doing things in 2012. separating everything!