René Rochefort

Unknown Venue 11 Pro 5130

Hello,

I've recently been given the task to oversee our SCCM 2012 R2 environment when the previous admin went off on leave.  I have very little experience with SCCM but I had some device management experience.  I've encountered a few problems.  The one I'd like to discuss today, is that I do not know how to handle our Dell Venue 11 Pro 5130 and Venue 10 Pro 5055.  They are tablets that have 64 bit architecture but can only run 32-bit Windows.  If they are known devices there aren't any problems they pull the correct wim and the correct available Task Sequences appear, however when the device is unknown, the device downloads the correct 32-bit wim file but is being considered a 64-bit unknown device, and the task sequences that are deployed to the unknown x64 collection.  So as a temporary fix I deployed the Venue task sequence to the unknown x64 collection, but now there are 2 boot images being deployed to the same collection, it's causing issues with some other x64 devices.

I'm sorry if this isn't clear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you.