Jump to content


Recommended Posts

Hi There,

I have a single site server (v1702) with WSUS and SUP role on the same box. Everything has been running fine (mostly) for years but all of a sudden my client machines can no longer get updates. When syncing with the ClientWebService in IIS I get errors like these. The 0x80072ee2 error is a timeout i believe
Capture4.thumb.JPG.a3893f7193dc75acedf452bf2dafcd07.JPG

I tried tweaking some IIS settings and increasing the RAM for the WSUS application pool thinking IIS was struggling with but that hasn't helped.

Looking at the logs I see stuff like this
syncmgr.log
Capture.thumb.JPG.cd0c22c672dee5e40c578be931d77b0f.JPG


wcm.log

Capture3.thumb.JPG.5f2d86c6f62060bbb960e8412c12eff7.JPG

I also tried running the WSUS clean-up wizard thinking the DB has got out of hand but I can't even use that as I keep getting the reset node error as below every few minutes.

Capture3.thumb.JPG.f341a1e6b16beff747c94ac2d6e6b567.JPG

I was considering uninstalling the SUP role and re-installing it but I'm not 100% sure how to go about that. I have SCUP running on the same server and it has added a few products like Adobe Flas/Reader/Acrorobat that I'm concerned I'll lose if in re-install.

 

Anyone got any ideas as I've been at this for days now?

 

 

 

Capture2.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a useful reply, but just an FYI - i was on the same boat for months. My SUP and WSUS was hosted on the same site as my primary being destroyed by CPU, thought it was the IIS app pools, but was not.

I ended up moving it to its own standalone server and installed the SUP on that as a brand new install on a new DB.Runs so much smoother since i've done that.I inherited the WSUS environment by somebody else who hadn't kept it indexed or run regular maintenance on it. it was at least 3 years old and had ran itself into the ground.

Also running on 1702

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Apexes said:

Not a useful reply, but just an FYI - i was on the same boat for months. My SUP and WSUS was hosted on the same site as my primary being destroyed by CPU, thought it was the IIS app pools, but was not.

I ended up moving it to its own standalone server and installed the SUP on that as a brand new install on a new DB.Runs so much smoother since i've done that.I inherited the WSUS environment by somebody else who hadn't kept it indexed or run regular maintenance on it. it was at least 3 years old and had ran itself into the ground.

Also running on 1702

I just moved my SUP and WSUS server to a new host but now I'm having issue with the new WSUS server access the old content from the old SUP/WSUS server.

Capture2.thumb.JPG.762382aa6c0f9b102801d10121ad0dd4.JPG
Capture.thumb.JPG.6ed991b9845e8b43af6e08312b5aafde.JPG

 

My WSUS DB is also in need to maintenance. I'll be honest I didn't realise it need to be regularly maintained but I've learnt my lesson now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


×
×
  • Create New...