sebatsian rogers

installation Properties for SSCM client

im trying to get two setting for the SCCM client for a build and capture with windows 10 1703

SMSMP=SR2016-SC1-PR.test.local

SMSCACHESIZE=10240

which order should I have these in and should it be in double quotes. this is what I am trying at the moment works for the smsmp setting but is does not seem to set the cache size 

"SMSMP=SR2016-SC1-PR.test.local SMSCACHESIZE= 10240"

normally I would set the cache in a package and script and can then apply this at any time and this works fine I would just like to make by build a bit cleaner

Dim ClientResource Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject ("WScript.shell") Set ClientResource = CreateObject("UIResource.UIResourceMgr") Set CacheInfo = ClientResource.GetCacheInfo CacheInfo.TotalSize = 10240

Ok

SMSMP=SR2016-SC1-PR.test.local SMSCACHESIZE=10240

this works fine ok 1607  and works on 1703 if I have peer cache turned off. but does not work when it is turned on. found a fail entry in the SMSTS.log

i am going to have another go using a physical machine rather then a virtual to see if it does the same thing.

does peer cache use the same space as the client cache ?

does it use any other logs then CAS and SMSTS

it was if peer cache is on.  

first of all I regenerated by PE image as I had not done this since going to SCCM 1702. but this did not help but building outside by virtual environment helped me find the issue.

it was with an ACL on the networking blocking port 8004 between the 2 networks one being production to test network. so it would broadcast on port 8005 but then could not receive the data. just needed to adjust my boundary's in SCCM so it did not cross the networks and it is now working. so if peer cache is on. then as it is a package the sccm client can uses peer cache from another machine. and if that cache is not up-to-date then it can cause issue. oh what fun SCCM can be it one product I always have more to learn   

thanks for you help.