Jump to content


Sign in to follow this  
M. Crompton

SCCM + Win10 + Prestaged = Domain Join Fail!

Recommended Posts

Good morning, 

Long time reader, first time poster. I have an issue with SCCM and clients already added to ADUC. If i build a computer with a name not already in ADUC the task sequence executes correctlt and the machine joins the domain for example KS-Win10-V5. If i use the exact same task sequence and attempt to build a machine already in ADUC (for example ks-wk-adm-01) it executes the task sequence but fails to join the domain...

I have added the netbootguid to the machine in ADUC and updated the System discovery in SCCM and this has made no difference. Does anyone have any idea what i could try? I've got a site with 500 devices to rebuild next week.

Thank you in advance. If you need any more info let me know.

Mark 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Not to worry, the account being used did not have the correct delegated access in ad to modify computer objects in their locations. It did have delegated permission on the OU we build unknown devices to. 

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...