A.Kassem

Create Asset Inventory for different devices

I want to add different devices to Asset inventory in SCCM CB to enclose all our Assets in on console :

Devices we want to add:

Monitors , UPS , IP phones , Printers

Monitors are attached to PCs that we can collect from HW inventory but we want it as devices , UPS are attached by USB cables , IP phones and Printers are network attached is there is a way to discover it and add it to SCCM console to be counted in Assets.

If there is no automatic way for each of the above devices , can we add it manually by Excel CSV sheet or so and what are the info required for that . 

CM is not a CMCB, as such it is not the right place to store this data. However CM is a great tool to collect data. You will need to look at 3rd party tools to collection some of this data. However not all of it can be collected for example IP Phones.

25 minutes ago, GarthMJ said:

CM is not a CMCB, as such it is not the right place to store this data. However CM is a great tool to collect data. You will need to look at 3rd party tools to collection some of this data. However not all of it can be collected for example IP Phones.

Yes I mean CM , what do u recommend to collect data for Monitors , UPS , Network printers ?

52 minutes ago, GarthMJ said:

Just to be clean CM is NOT a CMDB. CM is not intended to store the data that you are looking for that is the job of a CMDB.

The company that I work for does have product for some of the items you are looking for.

I intend to store the data in CMDB for sure . I need the tools that would help me add data for those devices to SCCM to create one Asset inventory whether automatically or even manually .I need the methodology of doing that . 

31 minutes ago, GarthMJ said:

No, CMCB is NOT a CMDB, However SCSM (Service Manager) is a CMDB and you can do that with it.

@A.Kassem Garth is correct, I wouldn't go about it via CM. SErvice Manager would be able to help with bringing in devices from CM. Then you could use third party like Cireson which has Asset Management tool that plugs into SM. You'll be able to manage your asset lifecycle from there. 

http://cireson.com/apps/asset-management/