jamitupya

Agent Installed but not monitoring

Question

am i missing something?

Just performed a basic Install, click click click click click install

Windows Server 2008

Local SQL 2008 SP1

SCOM 2007 R2

Got it setup and everything, deploy the agents into my LAB, everything is showing up as not monitored... any ideas?

7 answers to this question

Hi Anyweb,

I have the same issue. I have installed the agent with domain adminstrator account.I have a domain and my scom is joined this domain and my other Computer joined the domain too. I did try to install the agent on all my computer with domain administrator account and I did not get any error during installing agent the install was successfull. What do you mean with local admin rights? Which MPs should I install for that?

Kind Regards

Nick

Hi Anyweb,

I have the same issue. I have installed the agent with domain adminstrator account.I have a domain and my scom is joined this domain and my other Computer joined the domain too. I did try to install the agent on all my computer with domain administrator account and I did not get any error during installing agent the install was successfull. What do you mean with local admin rights? Which MPs should I install for that?

Kind Regards

Nick

Best Practise for Management of AD Groups and Local Admins is to:

1. make group on AD called "A_Server_LAdmins" &

2. use GPO to update the local Admins group making that AD group a member

3. add SCOMSERVER$ computer account in AD to be a member of AD group "A_Server_LAdmins"

4. add the SCOM Server Service Account to that also, for future use.

ideally you shold have a similar AD group for "A_Workstation_LAdmins", typically used for 3rd part AD service accounts etc and the occasional end user who needs rights for some archeic software